Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, October 27, 2008

Letter from Elder Morton, 10.27.08

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:36:17 +0000

Hey yall!

First things first, we had 4 baptisms on Saturday for Casuarinas and Elder Hyde is no longer a baptism novice, he got his 1st of many baptisms to come for Collique! So our area this month got 8! All young men and woman which will strengthen our respective wards for a long time! I am really pumped because we have another 4 scheduled for this upcoming Saturday so lets pray everything pans out. The Elder Saenz and Elder Morton click as of now have 12 total baptisms, and I can honestly say it's not because I am a great teacher or speak Spanish well. If it weren't for the spirit we would be resting on a goose egg for sure!

I won't be transferred until November 19th or something like that so as of now I am great, except I could use some of those great protein sticks you sent last time they were bomb!

Cool I can't wait to read the letters when I get those packages. So far I have recieved one letter from Rob A and it was while I was in the MTC in Provo. Did you send a Sacramento Kings shirt? If so it's all good because on P day we can wear just about anything that isn't cut off or shows our garments. Some of the Elders have some goofy shirts and clothes in general. I will give him his gift when I recieve it, no worries. He will be wearing the medium because he is much skinnier than I am although, I am about 140 or so and maintaining that.

Elder Saenz and I are good. Working hard and being the best missionaries that we can be and still maintain our sanity. He is a funny guy. I will write snail mail as often as possible because I have to, there is so much going on and I want to keep you all in the loop. I have some photos of Elder Saenz and will get them to you as soon as I am able to. I have a good amount of photos that I will get to you of my whole trip from Provo to here.

Regaurding my blog please give a shout out to: Elder Rich, Elder Layton, Elder Hyde (he lives next door to me!), Elder Ridge and Elder Griffin. Yeah about Elder Saenz he won't need to stay with you I dont think, but thats nice of you. I think he is coming to the states sometime next year or so but I think he needs someone to vouch for him. I think he wants to live in California for a summer or so before or after he goes to BYU. As far as a tour of the local sites in Cali I think he would like that. I have his contacts and will get you two families in contact soon.

Yeah I am a survivor you know that and I think my life has given me a good base to build upon during the mission. I do love my family but I also realize that me being here, doing what I am doing, there is nothing better out there that I can be doing for my family than this right now. You are a strong woman, so use that stubborn side of you to your advantage and don't give up and keep on pressing forward! I got rid of my writing tablet but I have access to paper and envelopes so dont worry. I am good on vitamins. I should be ready for more about Christmas time though. I could use more shirts and bottoms that are cotton poly because when I wear that mesh (ones with holes) give me a rash in my arm pits and stuff. Could use more socks and slacks because the dude who washes our stuff lost my grey slacks and three pair of socks. Oh and if it's not too much money if you could send my blue suit for Christmas that would be cool but I don't want you sending me stuff and not being able to pay bills!

I love and pray for you ALL, that maybe we might be able to over come the efforts of the adversary to bring us down! If we pray and have faith that God will answer our prayers he WILL, but God can't steer a parked car!

Love,

Elder Morton

1 comment:

My Family said...

It is so good to know that Elder Hyde and Elder Morton are in the same area! Keep up the great work Elder Morton!!

Theresa Hyde

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)