Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, October 13, 2008

Letter From Elder Morton, 10-13-08

Subject: Reporting to you LIVE from Peru!
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:41:12 +0000

Hey Mom and Family!

So here is the update. I have recieved the packages with beef jerkey and toothpaste and protein bars and all that good stuff, you're a life saver mom!

For some fun facts our baptism count is at [8] 5 last month and 3 this month with 2 more scheduled for this upcoming weekend! The work rocks, the food is literally like playing Russian roulette but all is good in the hood! I will be here until about November 19th or so?

I am still with Elder Saenz my trainer. He is kind of crazy but a great missionary! I am learning a whole lot from him and excited for you to do business with him because he is sharp and motivated to succeed.

On a funny note out of all the girls who promised to write me, Camie is the only one so far who has lived up to the hype, besides Mom LOL! It's all good I don't really have time to worry about whats not happening because what is happening is that I am becoming a MAN. The man God intended for me to be and if I didn't go on a mission it probably would have never happened. So for those who are worried about the Jungle it will have to wait till mid November at least!. How is everyone up in Auburn and Roseville? Please let them know I am thinking of them!

I am taking pictures when I can but there isn't much opportunity to take pictures considering we are working pretty much 7 days a week, but I sneak a photo in here and there!

I have recieved to the best of my knowledge ALL the packages Mom sent even though our
zone leaders don't get a chance to get them to us as fast as I would like. What matters is that the mission office gets them within 2-3 weeks usually. That's all I can think of as of now.

If there are any other questions I have not answered sufficiently don't hesitate to e-mail me or write me snail mail and I will get back to you!

Love you all!

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)