Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

North of Peru, 09.28.08

The quechua community of Marahuayca-Incahuasi, located in the department of Lambayeque, to the North of Peru, has begun a phase with a growing industry of the most exquisite edible mushrooms of the country, that grow around hectares of pines that sowed with the support of Pronamachcs. The commoners decided to plant pines in the regions adjoining several hectares of pines with the support of Pronamachcs to market the woods in a time limit of 20 years. Around the pines they began to appear mushrooms ones that previously were rejected for 15 years by the belief that was weeds, weed or poisonous elements. With time, they have learned to take advantage of these mushrooms and they discovered that they are one of the delights in the world gastronomy. "It is a nutritious food, which in epochs of rain they obtain more than 3 tons of this fresh mushroom per hectare of pine and they have 60 hectares on the whole", as indicated Bernardino Lalopú Forest, Chief Pronamachcs Incahuasi-Ferreñafe. Incahuasi is one of the most forgot districts of Peru, where they survive quechua towns. In the population of Incahuasi, their work begins since there where large communal breeding ground and boys free the weeds to the small pines that come to to be sown at the rate of 100 hectares per year. According to Lalopú Forest, between the pine and the mushroom, there is an exchange of proteins, the pine gives the protein to the mushroom and the mushroom at the same time delivers the humidity that requires the pine. "The mushroom is fleshy and the yellowish part is the food, it is a vegetable meat, 100% ecological," added. In the meantime, in that same zone a wasp lives that has become the better controller of plagues, therefore permits to save thousands of dollars in insecticides. The Pronamachcs has raised a humble plant where the mushroom is peeled cut and dried in an oven and they use the wood drought of the same forest where they put its communal mark and its cost is of 35 suns the kilogram.

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)