Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, October 20, 2008

Letter From Elder Morton, 10-20-08

Subject: Word up
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:35:08 +0000

Hello yall!

So far I havent recieved the package with vitamins and teeth whitener, but Im sure it will be at the multi zone in 2 weeks because thats when the zone leaders get all the packages and letters and disperse them to the elders in their zone.

I got the pictures of Ryder and he looks like a champ! A lot like Mike for sure. The baptisms are great, but I cant take the credit because God was preparing them long before Elder Saenz and I came along! Yes I am taking photos of every baptism and when I dont Elder Saenz does. I know you love me Mom, and I am very greatful for that, not everyone has a Mom as great as you!

Yes there arent many people who can afford cars here, they take microbuses everywhere, public transit if you will. None of us have bikes that I know of, we walk or take a taxi, or miscrobus [or van as we in America would call it].

Yes Elder Saenz is the only companion I have had so far, but by the way Pdte. Perez is I could have 13 different comps by the end of my mission, you never know. I have photos from the MTC in Provo till now. I sneak a photo in here and there when I can, for sure. We can check our mail and thats about it, were not allowed to go on the internet to look at that stuff so I probably will never see my web site. I got Annettes email and responded last Monday the 13th.

The work is hard, and non stop but so worth it! I pray that you all are recieving the blessings that you deserve as a result of my hard work and through our trials we may grow stronger as people and as sons and daughters of God. So whats going on with the California crew? Is that bank crisis taking its tole on you all or are you overcoming adversity through the knowledge and training that comes along with being apart of Team INA? On that note how is the Morton family doing in the business and church? Working hard and reaping the benifits I pray.

How is everyones health mentally and physically? How are my brothers and sisters and nephews and nieces each and every one? I pray you are all doing well since you all are in my prayers daily even Mom and Dad! :-)

Is my family confused as to why I would put my life on hold for two years to live in a super poor, city where I cant understand anywhere near as much of what people are saying as I would like and trying to teach them about the restored gospel? Its simple really, I prayed about it with faith that I would recieve an answer, and I did. Without a doubt there is a God and Jesus Christ truely lives and there are billions of people who do not know this simply because no one has given them the correct information and challenged them to pray about it with faith that they will recieve an answer.

I think thats about it, if not its because Im getting old and forgetful as well as bald! Watch out Bruce Willis here I come! Im blazing new trails!

Ciao all, and love you all!

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)