Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, October 6, 2008

Letter From Elder Morton, 10.06.08

Subject: The jungle has to wait another exchange!
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:35:27 +0000>

Hey yall!

I wrote you a letter and sent it today. You should get it in three weeks or less. It's mostly my testimony and some details of the mission life. So as the subject line says I am here for 6 more weeks in Casuarinas with Elder Saenz! I am really excited about that! At this rate I might actually be able to comminucate with the people when I go to the jungle. Yes when youre in the jungle you get mail once every change, which is every 6 weeks. We email every Monday unless it is impossible, so when I go to the jungle sometime you will still recieve emails from me every Monday. In the jungle you can stay there anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months. Well, relay the message to the best of your ability that I think they should have the missionaries at their homes and listen to what they have to say, because the missionaries won't make them do anything they don't want to do. If they are open minded about it, pray about it, and have faith that they will recieve an answer, they will; after all what do they have to lose by having a better relationship with God?

I am excited about what the future holds. It hasn't been easy but its true that God qualifies those he calls for the labor he calls them for. From what I hear you are working the business, keep up the good work. I knew you could do it! So whats up with your health? How is Rob A doing. Is he doing well in life?
As you know I love you all, even you Mom, you rock!

Love,
Elder Morton
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Subject: I knew it! Go Ryder!
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:57:19 +0000>

Hey Mom!

Thanks for the baby news. I am super excited about my new nephew! Was sorry to hear Sun had to have a C-section because of Ryder's head, you know he has lots of brains! Good to hear both mother and son are doing well. I am excited to see the new addition in a little less than two years! He's gonna be a big, smart boy! I hope everyone else is doing well. What's up with Justin, Brandon, Annette and Matt, they fall off the face of the earth again? Send them my love please, when you have the opportunity.

How are you and Dad doing personally? I heard Dad didn't get the job, how is his morale, and on that token how is yours? If you're down then read more Team INA books and listen to more CD's and help more people improve their lives because when you are serving others you forget you are sad or down, it works for me! I am happier than ever. I have a more positive outlook on life because I see every day, how the gospel changes and blesses lives! I have the utmost faith and confidence in you and Dad on every level.

You are the best parents I could have ever asked for and then some. You two have what it takes to be successful in life in every way and are more than worthy to be on that stage with the rest of the winners like Bill and Sue; Wade and Terri and the rest. I love you all very much and look forward to Christmas and you talking my ear off!

Much love to the California click,
Elder Morton
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)