Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Friday, October 24, 2008

Letter From Elder Morton, 10-24-08

4 October 2008

Hey Everybody!

So here is my monthly report on "Life in Peru'!" Yesterday we had our 6th baptism and the family rocks! Now when their son gets off his mission in Guatamala they can get sealed as a family for time and all eternity, how cool is that?

One funny thing I noticed about where I am at right now, is that when it's not foggy like San Francisco weather, their sun feels like it's in your eyeball, and it is only spring! To get a pretty good visual of what I walk around in all day until 9:00 PM, take a look at Page 148 of "Our Heritage" from the Missionary reference library. Mom has it.

Yes the missionaries walk the dirt roads with houses who have 1/2 a roof or none at all. We are working wtih many great families here and I hope I stay for at least one more change so I can see the other 5-8 peole we ahve with baptism datesenter the waters of baptism. I will find out on Monday, November 6th where I am going on my next change to, or if I stay in this area for another change; or if I stay in this area for another change; which each change lasts 6 weeks. Only 14 more to go and I'm home scott free!

Honestly, my whole train of thought regarding hard work and family has changed immensly. I was so selfish and lazy, scared and prideful, not willing to put myself out there, that I was so much less than could have been. The good news is that I realize that now and developing the tools to make the necessary changes in order to be the man God intended me to be. I have learned about the nature of God and our purpose in life in the past three months since I have been gone from The Best Family I could have asked for.

I can only only immagine what the next 21 months or so hold. For me and you all; but what I do know is that there is more to life than the daily grind and that no matter what we do, or do not obtain here materially does not follow us in the next phase of life, only our good/bad works and knowlege are what we bring to the table. So it is with this and more that I pray for you all to search for and obtain what matters most and once you have obtained it do not let the adversity trick you into selling it for fools gold. With faith in christ and a great family all these things are possible, but God can't steer a parked car!

I pray for you all daily that you may prosper while I am gone both spiritually and temporally. We are children of God; I know this is to be true which means the possibilities are endless; Our potential is greater than we can imagine.

On that note what is going down with everyone in California? I have a new nephew now, right? What's the scoope on that?

Is the family as crazy or crazier than I left it? What's the deal with the banks, that I have been hearing about and are y'all rising above it?

I would like to receive hand written letters from family and friends while I am still in the city because once I am in the Jungle I won't get stuff from the mission office (the address in Los Olivos) until the following change (once every six weeks) because they won't fly stuff out there like letters, and packages. I love you all and send you my best wishes.

Love,

Elder Morton


P.S. If you could send me a sling shot or some portable devise to whack the crazy dogs, I would be very greatful!! On that note thank you Mom very much for all of the package you have sent they make life here a little more like home, which is always good, but try to make it a little cheaper on your side your're not rich yet!

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)