Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, November 3, 2008

Letter from Elder Robert Morton, 11.03.08

Subject: Estoy bien! Mas o Menos
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:52:47 +0000

Hola Familia mia,

Yes I have had a few brushes with "iffy" chicken and such but I have survived and I am getting used to the food. There really is no way to get around getting diarrea for the first few months but after a while your body adjusts.

So what's with the hospital deal? Your feet, knees and stuff? I will pray specifically for your health to improve. So are you doing well with the business with the eye of the tiger that is cool! Have you shown Jimmie Wilson The Plan yet? Also what about the Minguzzi's?

That picture is all the people from my group minus the Elders who had visa problems such as Elder Hyde, Elder Ridge, & Elder Layton and others. So I will end my mission with the North Americans guys in the picture and the Latinos that have one more month in the field than us because of our (the North American boys) had 9 weeks in the MTC as apposed to the 3 weeks for the latinos. Elder Saenz isn't in the picture but Elder Hurd, Elder Anderson, ELder Ticona, and Elder Vargas are. They all have many more months than me and Elder Anderson is home. Yes Elder Griffin is hilarious, really a good kid.

The baptisms really have nothing to do with me because I can't really communicate fully yet and my experiences in teaching situations because my Spanish is limited however, it is getting better.

Thanks for all your help and great boxes they are much appreciated by me and Elder Saenz.

Send Annette my thanks and love please. I appreciate the good thoughts and love. To my knowledge there isn't anyone who does tailoring but I might ask around to see if one of the members does because I am cheap and really need to be.

Score! I am going to put that sling shot to good use, the dogs don't like missionaries here! I am going to get that CD of photos to you as soon as I can, but I will get it done no matter what.

The Jersey deal is cool, we have undershirts and stuff, especially Elder Saenz! I didn't recieve the email from Rob A but we are under servailence here and one of the zone leaders or something might have deleted it since we're not supposed to get email from people other than direct family not even cousins! I follow orders. I also haven't recieved more than one letter from Rob A either.

In regaurd to letters I am greatful for the attempt honestly I know what a hastle it is to send a letter from here to there so I really feel the love and please send my thanks to those who have written!

Elder Saenz has all your numbers and address stuff so it is up to him, and he will get a hold of you for sure. He has been sent on an emergency transfer because some other Elder did something stupid so he has to leave. Elder Saenz always cleans up others Elders messes. He was a good companion. I will get him his gift so don't worry his new area will be close to the mission office. Yes Elder Saenz will need a sponsor but thats up to you guys. He would probably hang with you guys for a day before he goes to BYU.

Good to hear you and Rob A got the rules and conditions officially settled. Good to hear also that my brother Mike is being cool with the new baby, and seeing to it you & Dad get to see him, he is a good guy.

I take the boxes by hand and ride in a comvie or taxi. Also Please give a big thanks to Elder Ricks for me for the tie if you can. I found out recently by accident that the tie that we wondered about, was from the Elders!

Things are going here pretty well. I am dissapointed that Elder Saenz has to change early but thats how it goes.

Loves you all,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)