Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, November 10, 2008

Letter From Elder Morton, 11-10-08

Subject: HAPPY B-Day MOM!!
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:36:10 +0000

Hey all!

First things first HAPPY EARLY B-DAY MOM!

I did hear that black power is in the white house! According to a newspaper here in Lima.

My new companion is Elder Garnica from Bolivia. He is a good kid who has been on his mission for 21 months. He speaks less English than I do Spanish but its all good. Elder Saenz is from Ariquipa, Peru. I will be able to pick up my packages on Friday at the multi zone I think. Don’t worry I will get Elder Saenz’s stuff to him. Thank you for all the packages and emails and letters. Its like having a piece of home away from home. I really appreciate it. But as always please be careful, I know things are tight with money in America right now so don’t go to the poor house because of me.

I will know next Monday where I am going so I'll let you know ASAP. I have mixed feelings about Obama. I hope he lives up to the hype because if he doesn’t it will be bad for everybody. I have confidence that he can and pray that he will get us back to the America that we once were economically and otherwise. I am proud that we have a black president to represent.

How are things going in California as far as the family goes? Still putting the pieces together? On that note how is the business going? Yall working hard and reaping the benefits and enjoying a little stress relief financially?

What’s up with Rob A? Have the have the Elders over one night to give him one of the lessons, he really has nothing to lose since he is already there and the church can only bless his life and all he has to do is listen, and pray to know if the church is true or not.

On that note I got your, Rob A, & the Solomon’s letters from the end of September and am writing back a little bit every day and will mail them out the end of next week.

Last week was rough having to speak only Spanish but I was marginally successful. Yesterday I taught a lesson about prophets, temples, priesthood, all in Spanish and IT MADE SENSE! They were not confused and they were as exited about prophets as I was!

On a funnier note I ate Cau Cau for the first time last night at a families house for dinner and boy do I have a funny story for you all when I get home. I will write details in my letter that I am sending next week. I will say that it is Cow intestines.

I send you all much love and pray that the next two years are the best yet for all of us.

Elder Morton- blazin new trails

Yo people!

I am good and I was in a member’s house when one earthquake hit in Lima, and was in my apartment when the strong one hit. It sounded like a bomb but our place was fine.

Please Thank Annette, Justin, & Brandon for the clothes. I really appreciate them. I'd like to see my family when I get back please let them know. How is Mike & Sun & new Nephew Ryder doing? Also, please give our friends (from the bay area) Semaj, Revonda, Joyce, Jimmie, Futaba & their families a holla for me and send them the message that they are invited to my home coming July 2010! If they are down with it. I look forward to seeing my friends at the Rocklin 6th and Rocklin 2nd as well and would like to arrange a get together with them as well! I have funny photos to share with you all and cool ones a like. I don’t get too many opportunities but I try to get "something for Mamma."

I need cotton-poly bottoms as well if you can send those with my tops that would rock. I will send you word as soon as I can if I am going to the jungle so don’t worry. The 19th is the day of changes and yes if I don’t go I will be in Lima till Dec. 31st.

As far as your health goes do what you can and pray often. Don’t be a pansy but be smart as well. Satan is hard at work I see it clearer and clearer every day, but we can over come him with faith and action. Keep plugged into the business and go to church every Sunday possible and God WILL do his part.

Give Wally, Jenn & Claire a Holla for me. I love them too.

How is everyone? Are yall as crazzzzzzy as ever! : -) I love you all family and friends!

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)