Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, November 17, 2008

Letter from Elder Morton, 11-17-08

Subject: The Jungle has to wait for 6 more weeks!
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:52:16 +0000

Hola crew!

So, as the title entails I will be here in Lima for at least another 6 weeks! Thats cool with me because I wanted to spend Christmas here in the city. Man it is so weird to think of spending Christmas anywhere but home, but thats what the mission is all about, new experiences and over coming challenges. As of now I have recieved 2 packages one with my suit and clothes (you rock!) and the most recent one was with cookies, protein powder, protein bars, shampoo, and shaving cream. With all that stuff I won't go hungry for the whole change! Thanks also goes to Annette, Justin and Brandon for the slacks and socks.

Thanks goes to all those who are thinking, praying and asking how I am, I appreciate it. I am in the midst of writing my family, Rob A, and The Solomon family but wont be able to send those letters out till Wednesday of this week.

Yes I have a few funny stories and I have only been here for a little less than 5 months! In two years I will have many I'm sure. On that note hows the health situation with you? You still alive and kicking? Also how is the business going? Do you have more than 5 people in your 2nd leg yet? Hows Bill, Sue and the Young Guns doing? I think about the business pretty much every week. I can't wait to get back and make it happen, not just immagine what it would be like you know?

This weekend was crazy, we had 6 baptisms scheduled and 4 fell through for one reason or another. One is an older lady who has health problems but ever since we started teaching her and her family she was getting progressively better till the day of her baptism. She got rushed to the hospital and wasnt doing great. So needless to say the devil brought his lunch and woke up early. As of now I know for a fact that the devil does exist and he is working hard to thwart Gods plan of salvation. Things are becoming so clear to me about life and our pourpose here. I am reading even more now than when I was home reading all those business books, and its all centered around the principles of the church and the will of God. I am realizing how ignorant I was about everything. I was affraid of rejection, whether it was present or not. I now know how important hard work is and especially how truely important family is. Spreading the gospel is the best thing I could be doing with my life at this point. I feel so blessed for the opportunity to be here, even though to be honest, I wish I had done this sooner because I would be a lot better off at this point in my life.

The good news is I have a new vigor for life and the church. I will be a much better member when I get home because of this experience and that Jesus lives and we are without a doubt children of God which means we have endless potential. We just have to seek it out and follow the commandments. The baptism count is 14 as of now!

Love you all,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)