Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, October 26, 2009

Change is normal here in Perú!

Subject: Change is normal here in Perú!
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:53:31

HEY YALL!

Brother and Sister Davis! How are they? Send them a shout for me please because they always have been great examples for me and I hope to be a lot like them when I get married.

Jordan is a great kid and when he gets his vision back he will go on his mission, because there is still time and he will never regret it.

My week has been great and my new companion is just what I needed TRANQUILO! His name is Elder Cahui. I feel the spirit again and that makes me happy. The new guy is from Perú but is really humble especially considering he is going to be a brain surgeon!

I am near the chapel where we have our change meetings on a hill....again. It’s a zone called Tahuantaysuyo.

When I get back I have plans on studying Spanish more thoroughly and once again Italian and really studying seriously this time so that I can speak three languages fluently.

Yep I lent my kit to a missionary for a moment and never got it back because he got sent to the jungle and who knows when I will see him again! So appreciate your sending me one if you can. THX!

Wow! That's great the Crombies were nice? So you and Mike are more trunky than I am....thats ok! I am really pumped to see Ryder for the first time. It will be really cool!

If I get the box before Christmas I will wait to open it until Christmas day as always. Yes next Christmas I will be home...Christmas 2010 here I come!

The photos were cool. I know all of them but one who is from another mission and they are all really great missionaries and great young men. Landon....how weird....he is a RETURN missionary now....how time flies by!

Hey Dad keep it real and I too cant wait to tell stories like all the other old people do!...lol! Really the mission is a special time. There is nothing like it, you really find yourself and are given the chance to redefine one-self which is an incredible thing. I can't lie I am looking forward to coming home and making right the things that I didn’t even know were wrong before and really taking full advantage of what life has to offer. I have a lot of work to do but this time I have the knowledge and help of God needed to accomplish my dreams and really make a positive impact in the lives of others. Don’t worry we are working hard and taking names!

I hope the blessings fall your way in abundance for at least these last 8 months because after that it’s up to ourselves once again to follow the commandments and do our part to receive the blessings that we want and need.

I love you all and look forward to speaking to you soon.....in less than two months! I pray all is well with you guys in Cali, Ohio and Italy spiritually and temporally and we should plan on taking a trip to Italy for the "Open doors" to the temple in Rome, Italy! It will be in 2011 or 2012 so if we are obedient and work hard we will be able to make a visit and show The Minguzzi´s what those Mormons are all about... Eeternal families! On that note send a shout out to all the families and friends.

I love you all,


Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)