Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Estoy muy bien!

Subject: Estoy muy bien!
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:57:40

Hey yall!

Thanks Mom for always thinking of me and doing all you can to make the mission a little bit easier. I am sure the box will be awesome for my companion and me. And without a doubt it will make Christmas a little more like home. I am good on vitamins and shoes and I have about a month or two of vitamins that I haven’t used yet so that’s good and my shoes are fine. I could use some inserts because one of my dress shoes I have walked the padding away, but I can buy those here.

Yes Saturday was Halloween and there was a strike against Halloween in my area by some other church and it was hilarious! People in masks with signs that say "No al Haloween".....they can't even spell right what they are picketing!

That’s good to hear that James is softening up a bit and Chris is helping out still. Don’t worry physical therapy is like that but as you said it will get progressively better. Wow you tore your Achilles tendon and the doctor thought it was gout? No wonder you had so many problems, that’s a whole lot more serious than gout!

The changes were the 21st of October and he was scheduled to stay with me here in Lima but there was an emergency change and he went to another part of Lima and I received another companion which is a really chill guy.

In regards to what is going on with your older children. It's not your loss it’s theirs. I don’t know what their deal is, there is no excuse for the way they are treating you. I realized yesterday that stubborn is another word for prideful and that’s what it seems like, if they don’t change soon, they will die miserable, lonely, old people.

On a more positive note I am really enjoying the mission and how we can really redefine ourselves to be more like Christ. It’s funny because in the real world we do so many things and yet spiritually we don’t progress much and in the mission we basically do the same things every day and yet our spiritual progression can be huge if we choose to.

The mission is going by so fast its crazy. I realize more profoundly every day how much God really loves us. He has patience that’s second to none with us as his children. I mean really, he tells us over and over again what it is we need to do to receive blessings and be eternally happy and how many times do we disobey him because its hard or inconvenient and what does he do, he tells us again and when we do what it is we were told he blesses us in a big way. If only as brothers, sisters, and or parents, we could be more like him how different the world be It all starts with us. We don’t need to change the world because that’s impossible but we can change ourselves for the better and our world will change.

I pray that you all, in one way or another are finding more faith in Christ and more confidence and value in yourselves as children of God because you are capable literally of ANYTHING. I hope also that you are finding more courage to share your testimonies with others starting with our family because they need the gospel in their lives especially at this point in their lives. When I get home I want to do my family history and temple work for our ancestors starting with my uncles. I love you all and pray the best for you. Please send my love and let all our friends and family know that I think of them and am praying for them every day.

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)