Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, November 16, 2009

Miracles can happen!

Subject: Miracles can happen!
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:57:55

Hey yall!

Josh Euer is your home teacher?! I know him! He was my home teaching companion in the singles ward before he got married! He is the bomb! WOW he has a kid now? That’s really cool! Please say hi and congratulations for me. Some of the kids remembered your birthday that’s really nice to hear.

Wow that’s great to hear that Annette and Brandon took the initiative and did the right thing. Everyone apologized and hopefully started with a clean slate and a pure heart. Annette stopped by with a cake and you didn’t eat it all gone, that’s good news!

Justin stopped studying in May? That’s disappointing because that’s really the only way he would be able to have a better future for him and his family (If he ever has one). Dating the underage girlfriend is equally unadvisable. Brian will be down to see his kids for Thanksgiving that's cool.

I sure pray that things do work out for the best with the family in general and we can forget the stupid small things and focus on the things that really matter. If we do that we can progress a whole lot faster in every way.

Justin is going into the military in March. Air Force would be a better option but its his life and he has to make these kind of decisions on his own its part of growing up.

Sounds like Brandon is happier living a somewhat normal life, that’s great!

James has a new girl friend, good deal. James is doing something else for Matt? I pray that it pans out well for him and Matt.

Mom keep up the physical therapy it really works!

Yes I too am pumped to talk to the family on Christmas! It will be my last Christmas in Perú as a missionary! Again I really am learning patience. My comp is studying to be a doctor and he thinks is smarter than EVERYONE. He has to "win" in our conversations so instead of having deep conversations with him I shut my mouth until I have to teach an investigator or do contacts most of the time. Otherwise, I just agree with him regardless of what he says. I absolutely have to humble myself all day, every day so that we can have success and get along as companions, so I am maturing as a person a whole lot right now. I truly believe that every companion we have is for a specific reason, so that we can improve in an area that we are weak spiritually or personally. I have been praying a lot more specifically these days and really I am receiving a lot of strength and well, it seems as though you guys are receiving some blessings as well. Every day I am here in Perú I realize that the mission really prepares us for life in the real world if we really give it our all until the very end. It’s crazy to think of how I was before and how really ungrateful I was. I was really prideful and that stopped me from doing so much more with my life than I could have if I was humble and had more trust in the lord. I say that now because as children of God I realize that we truly are capable of great things, even greater than we can imagine. The only thing is that we need to be more humble and put our trust in the lord and if we do that we are truly unlimited in what we can do.

One thing I know is that I will do things a whole lot different when I get home! I’m not saying I was bad but I can do a whole lot more with the knowledge and testimony that I have now of our purpose in life than before, that is if I put to use the things I have learned here to use in my life there in California. You too can do the same and if you do miracles can and will happen! I love you all and pray for you all. Please send my love to all of the family and loved ones!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)