Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, November 9, 2009

I am good and my week went well!

Subject: I am good and my week went well!
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:01

Hey yall!

Wow 18 already! That's great you had a good time at Danielle's birthday and everyone was nice. What’s this world coming to?! It goes to show that ANYONE can change for the better! That’s cool that Mike will come by for your Birthday and by the way although its early.
...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!

The kids are bringing their girlfriends for Thanksgiving Dinner? That’s cool; at least it won’t be a lonely Thanksgiving!

Weight Watchers is not worth the money in my opinion because you don’t learn how to lose weight in the real world using normal food. It’s an expense that you don’t need right now.

I don’t care what the place looks like when I get home I only care that you guys are good in spirit and in health.

I really am learning that God blesses us according to our obedience to his commandments. If we are lacking in blessings we need to look at what we are and are not doing and if we are honest with ourselves and we are lacking in certain blessings its because were not following a commandment exactly as we should, in other words were "Half assing it" somewhere. All the blessings we can receive start with having faith or in our minds then it travels to our heart and that feeling results in an action. If we want something better we have to do something better.

I know what type of life you want and in order to get it you can't do the same old thing. Now the thing we must always remember is that were here not on vacation but to be tried. We will always have trials and problems but the difference is what we do with these experiences; do we learn from them and become stronger or do we doubt and think "Poor me my life is hard?"

It's like the story my companion shared in sacrament meeting yesterday: There was a dog lost in the forest looking for shelter. He was far from home and came across a huge, abandoned house. He found a door and dug his way into the house and found that in this house there were other lost dogs just like him. He was happy that now he wasn’t lonely anymore and got so excited wagging his tail and started to play with the other lost dogs they got excited just like him and started playing with him wagging their tails too. He spent the night in the house and the nest day left satisfied and said to him “Wow this house is a great place I will come back some day. Now there was another lost dog that was annoyed and really upset because he was lost. This dog found the same house and entered and found other lost dogs like him and got even more annoyed until the point he was growling and they growled back be barked at them with anger and they responded with the same anger he wrestled with them and fought and they did the same. He spent the night there and left dissatisfied and left the house thinking to himself¨" I will never come back to this house again" As he left he saw a sign above the house that said " The great house of mirrors" Think about that and apply it. I love you Mom, Dad and all!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)