Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Patience is a virtue.....‏

Subject: Patience is a virtue.....‏
Sent: Mon 10/19/09 8:52 AM

Hey yall!

I received the box you sent with the Foot cream, lotion, Gold bond foot powder, protein powder, toothpaste, and all. Thank you, I really needed it!

That’s cool that you are going study the Book of Mormon with the ladies in Relief Society it will really help you resolve your problems and strengthen your faith in our savior as well as give you more hope in life. Yes Brother Shields rocks!

Yes, Cami told me she was going for her masters and I think that’s a great decision.

Get back to training as soon as you can even if it isn’t much but you need to get your body back in the habit of training so that you can heal faster.

Justin wants to play in the military band? That’s cool I hope he gets in and he is happy with the results of his decision. Justin is a good kid but he is confused and that’s sad because he doesn’t really believe in god or if he does he doubts if god loves him. He needs help. He needs direction. The only problem is he won’t listen to the missionaries. Contininue to be there for him.

Also keep the hope alive with the business. Never give up, just keep trucking along adding one person here, and another there and before you know it... PLATNUM! I really pray that you guys find it in you to persevere in all the good things that you are doing because it’s worth it!

Yes, I have a new comp and I got the news that I will be with him for another 6 weeks. There was an emergency change and my original comp Elder Zabala was replaced by Elder Davila and I am also in a different area here in Lima. That was three weeks ago and today we received the real changes that happen every 6 weeks and I am staying here with Elder Davila for another 6 weeks. Elder Davila is Peruvian and super prideful. It seems as though I need to learn more patience and humility or at least that’s how I am going to take this trial.

You've asked me a couple of times what I'd like in my Christmas box. If you want you can send me some cool ties and more socks like you sent me last time, the black ones with the section that has breathing holes in them at the top. Maybe another shoe shining kit like James bought for me because someone borrowed my shining kit and my brush is missing and now I can’t shine my shoes like before. Maybe some more Mormon Church music. But really it’s up to you because I don’t really need anything right now. The only thing I need is for you all to keep your noses clean, going to church every Sunday, doing the right things and good solid prayers couldn’t hurt.

That’s really all from Perú. I am just making the most out of the mission as one should do. As I've said before in my letters these two years really mold us for the future if we truly forget ourselves in the work. We learn how to communicate, how to plan for success and really how to accomplish goals by putting God first. Selfishness really inhibits us from having the success we desire! We learn that God has bigger plans for us and if we listen to the whisperings of the spirit we will do what it takes to obtain what it is that God wants for us which is true happiness.

These two years truly are the best two years of a young mans life and I am blessed to be a missionary. I am far from perfect but with time I can become more like Christ if I do his will and follow his commandments till the death. I am changing but it’s not me who is responsible it’s the lord. The only reason I have grown up is because it is necessary; because it’s what the lord wants and needs of me. The reason others you've spoke of haven’t grown as I have is because they are lost “in the world” not knowing which way is North and which is South. I feel for them. Satan is good at what he does and I pray that one day they will decide to change for the better so that they may truly understand how much the lord really loves them. The only way they can do that is listen to the missionaries, this I testify of without a doubt in my heart concerning its truth.
May we pray and follow the lord starting today.

I love you all,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)