Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, October 5, 2009

Keepin it real in Perú!

Subject: Keepin it real in Perú!
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 15:55:21

Hey yall!

I remembered about two days before Dads Birthday and well I couldn’t do a whole lot about it but HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! AT least you had a good anniversary it seems.

Man it seems when one moves out 2-3 moves in and when you get rid of one you get another! Oh yeah the 3rd was Ryder’s Birthday huh.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYDER! That Ryder I’m sure he is a whole lot of fun. I’m glad you had some time with him.

Speaking of change, Friday I had to change areas because my ward joined with another ward and I was sent in an emergency change to another ward where my comp and I are both new to the area. The actual changes are the 20th of this month I think, but I doubt we will be going anywhere but you never know.

Wow it sounds like its time for a new car, maybe this time you can buy one that will last for more than 3 years.

Jill and Dean are planning to move to Utah? That’s good for them. Wow Danielle is going to graduate from high school when I get home?! It doesn’t seem like she is going to be 18 but I guess time flies by. That’s cool that the girls are figuring things out.

That’s a bit sad that Justin has decided to go into the military. He won’t pick up a whole lot of good habits. That is if he isn’t careful. If he watches it and sticks to the principles you have taught him he will be ok. If Justin goes into the military he will be their property for however long they have him under contract and if there is a war they can pull him into service. I personally prefer to be free to make my own life decisions, but if he is smart he can have a great life, not stable but paid for.

I have been humbled by this change and realized that in the mission there is only one constant....CHANGE! I look for the opportunity to learn from this new area and my new companion. I know that God has something special for me to learn and for that reason I am here. I can’t complain, I really like being a missionary at this point. I still have a lot to learn but at least I am, at this point capable of adjusting to the new challenges. It only took 26 years but finally I am becoming more like the man I wanted to be and thanks to the mission I will be able to become the man God really intended me to be when he sent me here.

I thank you Mom for always writing me and sending me packages. The Latinos don’t receive letters, emails hardly and packages even less. I am very blessed to be from the United States and especially to have been raised in the family in which I am in. I pray my kids will feel the same on their missions as I do, Grateful.

I love you all and pray for you always,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)