Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Crazy / Cool week!

Subject: Crazy / Cool week!
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009

Hey yall!

Sorry for the late notice but we went to the temple today and so we are doing our email thing today and not Monday. I didn’t know last week so I wasn’t able to pass the word in my previous email.

I am glad to hear Justin and Chris were happy to hear from me. I hope they do well in their studies, jobs and keep their noses clean. What Chris is doing is really good for him and his future if he sees it through the end. The same for Justin, if he focuses on the correct things he can do a whole lot of good with his talents. When it comes to the house do all you can and pray, that’s all that you can do. I hope everything works out with your car and we will see about the Volvo. No promises...LOL! I haven’t received the package yet but the farewell meeting is this Friday and usually we receive letters and packages after those and the change meetings which are next week. In one of those two meetings I should get when I have coming to me! I have no idea about Christmas because the companion I have now probably wont be with me then, but you never know. Heck I could spend Christmas in the Jungle this year, you just don’t know. Whatever you send we will both like I am sure of it! As of now I am good on clothes, shoes and socks so don’t worry about that.

Wow how crazy that you had a bad reaction to the flu shot! The good thing is that you are feeling better now. That’s interesting what happened with Sharlene. That goes to show you one better stay up on things so that you know when you are getting robbed. I hope you two find a way to build the business to a rate at which you can retire without any problems. If you concentrate a bit more on using every moment to its fullest you guys can do it! You two deserve a break before death.

I know what young men think at their age because I once, not too long ago, was there! That’s strange to say! All in all I am doing well here. Every day there is a new challenge but I love it! I have to think on my feet and that is one of the many abilities I lacked before the mission. I really feel like God is molding me here in the mission because in 25 years of doing things on my own I couldn’t do half the things I am doing now.

Honestly I feel like as long as we confide in the lord NOTHING is impossible! I speak Spanish and for me, that in itself is a miracle! I am so very grateful for these two years I have to forget myself and really search for what it is the lord wants me to do and not what it is that I want to do. In almost 16 months I have changed the way I think, and do things for the better and I can honestly say I am MORMON! I am a different man than I used to be and I feel as though it’s a good thing. I am not perfect by any means but at least I am improving in a big way. If it wasn’t for the mission I would never have become the man who I am...NEVER! It's because of that they stress the mission in the church so much but what Jo Mortimer said is true "You can be the best missionary there ever was or the worst, it depends on you"

I have noticed how much of a difference humility and patience make in who we are and how people perceive us. It makes an even bigger difference as missionaries I think. Those who really work hard for their love of the Lord and the people are the ones who will have that true conversion and be great men when they get home. Those who work for their pride and for recognition they will probably baptize a lot of people but they won't change for the better, but actually for the worst and when they get home things won't work out for them as they thought.
That’s some of the things I have learned in my time here in Perú. There is a whole lot more but that will have to wait till next time.

Send my love to everyone you can: Family, friends, extended family, loved ones and maybe not so loved ones!... LOL!

Keep the faith alive and remember that God loves you more than you know!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)