Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Keep the faith yall!‏

Subject: Keep the faith yall!‏
Date: Mon 9/28/09 8:56 AM

Hey yall!

We are busting our butts here in Lima and by the grace of God we had another baptism this week! I know one thing is for sure and it is that God has something special planned for this part of Lima I am in. We are not baptising people here because we are talented or so convincing that the people feel the need to be baptized, but really we are tools in the hands of the Lord to realize his will. This is true because its absolutely a miracle that we are baptising people here. We are working hard and recieving blessings and I am loving the lessons we learn in the mission. I am maturing a lot and learning how really to be a man of my word and do things without fear. The mission is so important in the lives of young men, it really molds us and prepares us for the future.

Regarding your letter concerning my nephew Justin, if I were Justin I would focus on my education first because if he goes in the military he will be government property for however long he signs up. If I were him I would talk to Mike Morton first about the military before entering. I think he should take what the military says half seriously because the recruiting officers are salesmen for the military and they will tell him what he wants to hear for him to sign up. Its what he gets on paper that really matters because thats what they will honor. Justin's a grown man now and part of that is making hard decisions and doing it intelligently. Every big move we make will shape not only our lives but the lives of our family so we better choose wisely. I feel for Justin. I dont know what the deal is with his mother but that is why I find it so important to put our priorities in order while we still can. It's obviously too late for my older siblings but there is still hope for Justin and Brandon regarding college and the careers they choose. I pray that things start working out better for Justin. He is a smart, talented young man and really has unlimited potential. The sad thing is that we can't do anything about the decisions that our loved ones make, just accept them and do our best not to repeat the same mistakes ourselves.

Wow! Thats good to hear that you guys are still working the business keeping in touch with the Young Guns! I am sorry to hear my siblings are having financial probleems but it seems to be more the rule than the exception these days in the USA. Please send out a shout out to Wally & Jenn, Mike & Sunshine, they are all in my prayers. How's James, & Jeff, Vic doing? & The rest of the family? How's the new bride and her hubby? How are the Crombie's? & the crombie girls?

That's sad to hear Rob A hasnt really changed a whole lot. He is still all about himself. Sometimes things and or people don't change but we cant do anything about that; what we can do is make sure we are always improving our weak points day by day and confiding in the lord that he will help us along the way to accomplish our goals and dreams.

HAPPY 25TH! I sure hope you enjoy your special day! It's an accomplishment in which I pray to have the same blessing one day. You two are great examples of perserverance and hard work. I love you not only because you are my parents but because you are my friends in which I know I can count on. Keep on perservering, I know its worth it.

Send my love Rocklin 2nd & 6th and to the whole Team INA Crew, our family and friends that we know and love. They are always in my prayers and one day I know that they will be members of the true church too, maybe not today or tomorrow but one day.....Oh yes on a more positive note.....only 9 months left!!

Much Love,

Elder Morton
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HOLLA AT CHRIS FOR ME!‏ :-)
Mon 9/28/09 9:09 AM

Hey Chris,

I had a few minutes and remembered that you wanted me to write you if I had some free time. How are you? I hope you are doing well. Keep up the good work in school and at home. Your education is so very important and not only getting it but what you do with is what really matters. You have great potential and if you listen to what the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ say you will be blessed in many ways. If you really confide in the lord you can do literally ANYTHING your heart desires if it's just. If you want to be a millionare you can do it, but be the best man you can be. Dont be selfish with your blessing if anything always think "What more can I do?" "How can I bless the life of another who has less than I?" If you do all that and follow the commandments faithfully you will never lack. I love you and pray the best for you.

Keep the faith!

Much Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)