Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, September 21, 2009

Wow, were in business! ‏

Subject: Wow, were in business! ‏
Sent: Mon 9/21/09 8:50 AM

Hey yall!

First of all sorry about last week. I had a problem with the system, I spent an hour trying to send an email to no avail!

I got the box and that was really cool! It was the one from August. Dad wants you to retire and I know one way you can do it without starving and living in a box.... BUILD THE BUSINESS! I agree, going to the gym and building the business are two really positive things you can do for yourself, both physical, financial health and for your spiritual health keep going to church, reading your scriptures and praying often are all these things that will help extend your life and increase your happiness.

It seems like it has been a crazy year there in the good old US of A! I am glad at least you are all trucking along persevering. 25 years of marriage, that’s quite an accomplishment and as a couple you have really shown me what a "Team" is really about!

Wow Jordan and those people. I am never surprised when I hear the next stupid or crazy thing Justine does. It seems to me like the devil himself is filling her head with new and twisted ways to act like a retard, to make someone else miserable so that she feels better in some way about herself.

Send a shout out to Rose she rocks! I hope all is well with her and her family. Jeff Hall, I Remember him! How is he? That’s good to hear he is in a position to help you out again. First spiritually and now financially. Please let him know that I am grateful for him being a great example of a true Latter-day Saint and sharing the gospel with us. We need more families like his here in Peru!

I hope Chris really dedicates himself to doing the best possible in his studies. If he gets a really good education he can have an entirely different life than his Dad and the rest of his family for that matter. I am proud that he has decided to be different than his parents and his cousins. Those Mormons really have the idea. There is a reason we are generally happier than the rest and it’s because we have a better understanding of our purpose in life; what really matters. We follow the commandments and because of that we receive more blessings. If we really follow the commandments we will always have enough to be happy.

This week of the 14th-20th of September was really nice for me. We have been really working hard in this ward and this week we saw the results of that work in three baptisms. We have one more scheduled for the 26th of this month and two more scheduled for the 10th of October. When I got here at the end of July the ward was dead and now there is life and that is the greatest blessing we can receive for the hard work we have done. I am actually a missionary now. It took 15 months but I am there finally. Who knew?! Of all people, me but I love it! I am really enjoying myself now and I am really growing a lot personally, socially and spiritually. I really feel like the man that left to serve a mission June 25th is something of the past. I thank God for that because I wasn’t the man I could have been. I was good enough but not the best.

I now know how true the phrase "All or nothing!" really is. I love you guys and miss you but I know that I am here for a reason beyond anything I could have done while at home. Truly, these are the best two years of my life! Please send my love out to everyone you talk to and let them know that I pray for them daily. Holla at Rob A for me. How is he any way?

Keep on keepin on because the next thing you know Ill be in the airport as a return missionary! The time will fly by like that!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)