Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, September 7, 2009

We can do it no matter what the obstacle!

Subject: We can do it no matter what the obstacle!
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 15:30:51

HEY YALL!

My new ward, well I will be here till October. We got the changes and I am staying for another change. It’s cool because I will get to see my friends the end October at the farewell meeting at the end of this upcoming change.

The ward is full of return missionaries that are all talk and no action. We bust our butts and they don’t do anything to help but ask "When is the next baptism?" I answered "When will we receive your next reference?" The good news is that after 6 weeks of hard work and perseverance we have 5 people who will be baptized this month if we keep up the intensity.

I hate to break it to you but I haven’t received any packages and there isn’t a box for me in the office because I was there this morning and they said there is nothing there for me. Things I would like in my next package if you haven’t already sent them would be lotion, vitamins, and maybe some anti-fungal cream for my feet and the normal protein powder and protein bars.
Wow I sure hope Chris gets all the financial help there is available so he can study without any worries. That way he can concentrate 100% on getting the best grades possible. It’s time one of my nephews invests in his future.

That’s sad to hear about Rob A and his mom dying, but at least she isn’t a drug addict anymore and whatever hard feelings he had about his mom he can put it all to rest. The saddest part is what happened with Rob and grand parents. Holding grudges really sucks and these old folks have a bad habit of holding grudges till the death and really it’s not what God wants us to do. We need to break this ridiculous tradition now and forever. I pray that Rob A overcomes this trial so that he ends up being a stronger man for it instead of giving in to the depression.

When Chris accomplishes all that, I too hope he gets a place with James. James needs help and I think Chris could give him the encouragement he needs.

Wow Ryder will be 1 year old! That’s crazy! Does time fly by or what?! Wally will be 36 Wow I thought he was still 34! It’s funny because if there isn’t a focus in your life but to survive not much will change. The proof is in your kids who are in their 40s. That’s why I am so grateful to be a member of the true church, and also to be a part of Team INA. I feel as though with those two advantages in life I will always be focused on the things that really matter and improving my weaknesses so that I can accomplish my dreams. If I use the things I learn here as a missionary in the "real life" I feel as though I will be prepared for whatever may come my way because I have learned to confide in the lord and not only to myself.

In regards to the will I am happy that you and dad have confidence in me enough to put me in charge of making sure your last wishes are done as you want. I will follow the instructions to the "T" don’t even worry. I only have one thing to say, do all you can to keep healthy enough mentally and physically to at least see my kids and then you can die! LOL

That’s cool that Rob A went to a church activity. I am really pleased to hear that the missionaries still haven’t given up on him. He is a good guy; he’s just a bit confused about the meaning of life like most of us are before we become members of the true church of God.

I sure hope Laura gets baptized soon. She needs the guidance that the Holy Ghost gives us. That’s sad that her husband got laid off. I sure hope things work out for them. I sure hope Dad gets to retire does it through the INA business so that you have a little spending money.

Send my love to the Rocklin 2nd and 6th wards they are the bomb!

I love you all, family and friends!

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)