Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, September 7, 2009

Thinking of you in Peru!

Subject: Life is nuts!
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 20:04:43

Hey yall!

First of all I sure hope everyone get their acts together before I get home because if not, it will be really ugly for a few months because really it's time to grow up and realize how good we have it where we live!

Living here for 14 months has made me grateful for being born in the United States and not only that but being born and raised in the family in which I am in. We have it easy. Actually easy is an understatement. All we have to do is choose the career we want, go to college, get good grades, work hard and we have a house, car, nice clothes and plenty of food to eat and "if we are smart with our money" WE WILL retire. Here in Peru it’s not like that at all. You get to retire when you die and never have any extra money to save.

James is moving back home. That didn’t last long. It goes to show that you better watch who you live with! That’s sad that Matt is threatening to let James go. I sure hope he has started looking for employment else where.

In regards to Annette that’s ridiculous and there is nothing more to say than that. Annette. I was disappointed to hear they got kicked out and Justin was not able to move with his mother. What is happening with some of our family members leads to nowhere productive. But it is cool that Annette got her condo. I hope she enjoys it.

I am sorry to hear about Wally, Jennifer, Mike and Sunny regarding their homes and the economy there in California. I just pray that they might over come this trial and be better for it.

What is happening with some of my siblings is like the situation with God and Lucifer. Look what happened there. God is perfect and even he had a rebellious kid. Everyone has the right to do what they want with their free agency, some will choose to do what’s right and others will choose the way of the world. All we can do is our best and pray that everything turns out alright. One thing I do know is that everything happens so that we can learn a lesson, to better at something we lack, so look for the positive and improve in what we lack as children of God. Being a victim isn’t an option. I too look forward to my return and its getting closer than ever.

I truly know that the Church of Jesus of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints isn’t just the most correct of all the churches it's the only true Church of God on the face of the earth and for that I am grateful to be a member. The good news is that if we listen to the leaders of the church we will always be prepared temporally and spiritually for anything.

Chris having a job and plans to finish his education, that’s something that he will never regret. I am proud that he is doing positive things in his life. Send shout outs to the Rocklin 2nd and6th for me I got love for them all! I am happy for Joe and Katie they are truly great people that deserve all the blessings in the world and Josh and his little family equally.

Please tell Bishop Smith and Brother Solomon thank you for me, that really means a lot that men like then are proud of what I am doing here.

Please send a shout out to Joyce in OK and the same goes for Semaj and his family... little isn’t exactly correct but either way they are the bomb! Send my love to Jimmie and Fu when you get the chance. Send a shout out to the Young Guns they are doing a great job I am sure of it! Keep active in the business it will be worth it if you build it!> Adrian and his brothers are the best! I love those guys for real! What did they have to say? I hope they are doing well. I am going to cut this short because I want to check my other email from you so I love you guys and you are always in my prayers.

Till next time.

Elder Morton
****************************************
Subject: Re: Thinking of you in Peru
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 20:20:01

Hey Mom,

I am really good. We went to the Temple today so we didn’t go to the internet place Monday. It was the bomb. I love the temple! The next change is on the 9th of this month but I don’t think I am going anywhere soon. I am a bit skinny but that’s how it goes, I don’t care. Yes I wear the new pants all the time. I’m good with shoes and it looks like I should be ok for the next few months. I just read and responded to your email from the 24th of August.

James doesn’t eat well and he doesn’t drink enough water for that matter and he is now having health problems. Keep up the eating healthy plan it will help a lot.

Don’t be sad about Melinda and Wilma at least the two of them will have peace now.

We went to the building where they make the Peruvian money and took a tour. It was cool. I have some photos. Today we went to the Temple and it was a good battery charge for me. Elder Rich seems to be doing really well. I don’t see him much but it’s all good. He is working hard and really I have so much respect for him. His Mom did a great job, and that mixed with how he is and what he has learned in the mission, he will make a great family man. I aspire to be like Elder Rich some day and maybe with hard work I will be able to accomplish that level of excellence. Gotta go but as always be positive and los vemos!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)