Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, August 24, 2009

Here we go!

Subject: Here we go!
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:54:44

What up with it?

Just kickin it here in Lima bustin down doors like a crazy person! Don’t worry about the letter it happens sometimes. So you have turned into Dad, sit down and in two minutes OUT like a light?

I'm really glad you guys went to church Sunday I know the more often you do it the greater your strength will get and your faith will grow. Thats cool. Whats new with Jordan Mortimer, and if you know ALL the Mortimers? Im happy you got a kick out of the photos. I had fun at the Castillo de Chancay as you can tell!

Whoa! Tanya got divorced? That’s crazy! On a side note Jordan is the bomb! I really love the Mortimer’s; they give me something to shoot for as a return missionary. If I can come back as spiritually strong as them I would consider it a blessing over and above what initially hoped for. Joe and Katie Mortimer rock, send enviales saludos. Wow, Carter Zufelt got back already? It’s been two years, how crazy! Im sure the ladies will be taking a number to go out with Carter.

I am happy to hear that Chris is going to invest in his education and even more excited that for once his parents are helping him do something of significance.

Johnny and Carol still doing their thing. Great for them that they are thinning out a bit in their "youth." Annette is in the apartments where the missionaries live, that’s interesting. James' now feels your pain if you know what I mean! Matt is same ole same ole. That is too bad things didn't work out with James and his roommates not paying their share as agreed.

The photos of a wedding are a mix of members and our converts in Pucallpa, when I was in the jungle. There is a massive baptism also where all the people that got married got baptized the same day.

I would love to talk to Jordan because the sooner he leaves the better for him and his future, the more he puts it off its just delaying his progression spiritually and temporally and that is something he will regret for the rest of his life but it's in his hands. If he wants I will make time to talk to him about the mission from an old mans perspective. Rob A might go to Alabama that’s crazy. Good for him for finally getting As in his college classes.

Gotta go because I'm running late I will write more next time!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)