Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Things are going well

Subject: Things are going well
‏Date: Mon 8/10/09 8:56

Hey yall,

Another correspondence from the crazy world of Peru:

Thank you Mom for always having me in mind even though I’m so far away and all. You should be getting a letter and a CD with a few photos on it, but it’s not all because the computer couldn’t read my chip 100%. There will be a manila folder that has a letter to Rob A and the CD is for the whole family to enjoy. Thanks for sending the box. I should get it sometime next change.

My current companion is from Santa Cruz, Bolivia and this is his last month and a half in the mission before he goes home. He looks like Giorgio and is a bit like Giorgio as for his personality but less reserved. We get along well and because of that were working really well and busting our behinds. Elder Archila was my companion the last change and yes he is from Guatemala.

I want you to write whatever is comes to your mind as far as the goings on in California and whatever you have heard from Italy, San Francisco and everyone else recently, also what’s new with you and Dad.

I will continue praying and working hard and maybe eventually the lord will soften her heart. It doesn’t matter what the trial is you can overcome it Read Ether 12:6 and after that read 2Nephi2:27-29. You can do it I know it. You two are smart enough and hard working enough to achieve anything, just put your confidence in the lord and yourselves and you will accomplish your dreams. When I get home I will be busting my behind because I understand now how truly important the family is. Doesn’t worry I will find the woman I want to raise a family with and we will be a team like you and Dad. I am so very grateful for the fact I am here on the mission. The Lord is molding me in his hands here. It’s not always easy, or fun but it’s more than worth it. At times I regret not doing this sooner but there is nothing I can do about that now, just make the most of it as possible and I am doing that. Everyday I understand why the members of the church, although they have problems like the rest of us are a whole lot more successful and its because the men went on missions and learned humility, patience, diligence to the lord, and how to apply Christ like attributes to every day life. The woman learns the same principles as well. They LIVE the gospel, and that’s the difference.The grandchildren will grow up eventually. They have you and Dad as examples and if they so choose they will incorporate the example you have given them in their own lives to some extent. Chris seems to be turning out alright. For his sake I hope he goes to church and emulates the great examples of young men that there are in the Rocklin 2nd ward.

About Elder Rich I was mistaken he isn’t in our zone exactly. The elders in the mission office have a different P-day and zone meeting although there in the district of one of our district leaders and send him their numbers. I have no idea how that works. Elder Rich seems to be doing well. We had our interviews with the President and the assistants Friday the 7th and 5 hours later and 7 lessons later the meeting ended and we went on our way. I haven’t heard from Ezra Saenz since February or March when he called me and told me he would send a package. Have you heard from him since then? I have been really concentrating on improving in three categories because I feel as though if these three fields are strong I will have the tools to improve the rest and they are humility, patience, obedience. Be careful what you ask the Lord because you get it eventually. I have been given many opportunities to better myself in these categories and I'm sure that will continue to improve for at the very least the rest of my mission! We somehow did the impossible and got the husband of a member to commit to baptism this month and the missionaries have been trying for 7 years to do so. It goes to show that everyone has their time.

I love you and pray for you always. I too look forward to returning home, but I know the Lord needs me here for another 10 & 1/2months. The time will fly by and next thing you know the popular phrase will be "One time in the mission....." and there will be many more special moments to share.

Keep on keeping on yall!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)