Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm alive and kickin!

Subject: I'm alive and kickin!
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:54:48

Hey yall!

SO as the title entails I am adjusting to the new responsibility as a senior companion. I am becoming more responsible about achieving our goals as a companionship and less just worrying about doing my half of the job. These three weeks have flown by, August is almost over and it feels like it just started last week! You probably have received a manila folder with a CD of photos and a letter for Rob A by now.

Today we have a free P-Day so I will write you guy another letter and send you another CD of photos because the other one only has the photos I took after my disc was erased. For some reason the computer cant read my other 400 photos using my USB but can read the photos from the chip directly.

It’s really interesting to see the ward from the perspective of a missionary. I never knew how lazy I was with my callings before but now I have repented and will do a lot better when I get back! My faith, through trials is growing and more than that I am putting my faith in action instead of treating it like a Christmas present that I wipe the dust off now and then to play with for a bit once a year, and forget about it. I really believe that if we do the hard things and let God mold us we really can have it all, or really have all that we need to be happy and healthy enough to overcome the trials and persevere till the end of this life.

We are really making a change in the way the members in this ward look at the missionaries in a positive way and as a result they are helping us a whole lot more. The mission really is the bomb because we are forced to dig down deep inside to find that special something we never new existed to get the work of the lord done in his way, and not our own. Everyday I realize more and more how very important it is for a young man to go on a mission, and especially me. I thought I was good and good was enough before but I have realized that its not. Its not even close and that’s why I hadn’t achieved the things I had wanted before the mission because I wasn’t capable enough on my own and will never be, but as long as I do my best, always striving to be better and submitting to the will of the lord anything is possible. The same goes for you guys if you submit yourselves to the will of the lord, be humble, obedient to the commandments and patient in the big picture things will go your way. Not everything will go smoothly but overall you will be blessed according to your obedience. I love you guys and pray for you always. I hope that you can learn from my experiences and draw strength from my strength in the lord because I know for a fact that if we follow the commandments faithfully, and follow the advise our our church it will be more than worth it.

I didn’t get a letter from you so things must a little crazy or you sent it and I didn’t get it like many other times but all in all I, as always look forward to hearing about the goings on in the good ole US of A! So till next time I love you guys and pray you receive many blessings while I am here in Peru!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)