Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, March 30, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 03.30.09

Subject: Estoy MUY BIEN!
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:14:20

Hola familia!

Our zone leaders have a box maybe two but I won't receive anything until tomorrow in our zone meeting. I wrote you guys and Rob A, a letter but I will have to wait till tomorrow to send them. Sorry for the absence of a letter in a while but man its been nuts here trying to fix the mess of the previous Elders and have some success. As a zone we managed to kick butt and take names. We got 53 baptisms as a zone for the month of March! Our goal as a zone is 70 for April! It's officially summer here and were on fire in more than one way!

Thats cool Elder Saenz called you from Peru, he said he would. He really wants to go to BYU and live in the states. I have his Email but on a piece of paper in Lima in my other bag. Yeah sorry about the email last week but the computer completely freaked out and didn't want to work. I answered a few of your questions that I remembered in my letter I am sending soon.

That's good that Joyce is in Cali, she is probably enjoying her new grandson Zion. What happened with Justin going to the University of Oregon? As long as he goes to a good University and works hard and keeps his nose clean its all good.

I hope you get accepted for the loan so you will be a little less stressed. What's the latest on the business with the young guns and the Mortons? I hope its going well. Remember you only have 15 months to go Platnum, no pressure! Im getting to the point to where I'm not lost and at this point I'm almost a good leader. I won't be affraid of girls when I get home because theres about 3 girls to 1 guy here so there not as weird to me LOL! The Jungle has been a growth period for me personally, since it has been difficult being the freak, but I am better for it.

I could use tooth paste, I didn't even think about it but now that I am almost out, Yeah I'm thinking about it. In dress shirts a medium is good, a large is a little big, so big people think I'm fat but really its the contrary! You don't need to rush and send me a package at this point because I won't get it for a while anyway as long as I am in the jungle and you need to be cool about your money! Other than that it's crazy to think I am one change away from having one year of service completed! How crazy is that!! Keep it real yall, and keep me posted on the cool music I am missing out on when I get home!

Much love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)