Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 03.05.09

Subject: Welcome to the JUNGLE!
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:45:57

Hey all!

Thanks for the Birthday box but unless we have "entrevistas" with the President I won't get the box till at least the 25th of March, how crazy, we are in March!

That's a shame that Vic couldn't pass the ASVAB the first time, but maybe he will work a little harder this time if its something he really wants and will be more greatful after he passes. Rob A is a good guy but I think he would be so much further in life on all levels if he served a mission. I have a testimony of how important the mission really is for all young men in order to be responsible, successful men who have that "big" picture always in their mind. The church helps us so much be better people not only spiritually but we obtain attributes needed to overcome trials and end up on top. Rob A needs to go to the singles ward perhaps Camie can take him and introduce him to some good people. It really helps to have some smart, responsible return missionary friends and be around woman with their heads on right.

Mom you don't need to do anything extra to be "worthy" of being my mom, just be the best that you can be, which you already do. Jordan is a teenager, who barely knows you, especially the REAL you. All she has known for the past 14 years or so is what Justine and that side has said. It will take a while for her to adjust, so just be patient, which is hard, but it is worth it. Good job Mom keep up the good work and go to the gym is your time to work on your health and keep Jennifer on her toes as well!

So, are you guys showing the plan every week and doing the 8 essentials? If not you can start anew today! You only have 16 more months to be platnums! When I get home I want to know what the latest is so I can get beck into the swing of things because I need to get my act together if I expect to support a family in the manner in which I would like! Thank you Mom and Dad for supporting me for so long before the mission and during as well, I really appreciate it because wow! has my life taken many twists and turn but the most important people supported me in all my endeavors, I pray that you guys are being blessed for my hard work here, if with nothing else a little more faith and desire to act upon that faith.

I love you guys!

Love Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)