Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 03.10.09

Subject: We had interviews with the Pres. Perez
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:35:25

Hey folks!

Sorry for the late notice but we had interviews with the Pres. Perez Yesterday and I wasn’t able to write on our normal day. Today is our P-day though so no need to worry I am ok. The jungle is HOT! But what’s cool about it is that it can rain and does at any time, and when it does it’s pretty much the bomb!

I wake up at 6:30am we pray and I do my exercises as my companion takes a shower and then I get a turn to take a shower and my companion does whatever he does. We eat at 7:30am and are studying by 8am. We study individually whatever we want and the scriptures for an hour and then we have companionship study for an hour, then we have language study and at 11am we go knocking doors and talking to people in the streets. At 1pm we have lunch, share a message with the members who gave us lunch and ask if they have anyone in mind we can teach that isn’t a member and perhaps is a friend. After lunch we continue to knock doors and teach the lessons we have scheduled for the day. More or less that’s an average day. The food is exotic needless to say you would be surprised at the things I have eaten, but hey that’s what the mission is all about! We have this chance only once and after two years we can’t get it back.

The people here are different, their accent is a little funny and gringos are something to fear or make fun of, so needless to say its interesting preaching the gospel here, but the members are pretty cool. My companion is from Peru, a city in the Deep South called Tacna, and he’s really cool and is the same age!

Oh yes and I finally received that package from Jenn dated 1/23/2009 that had cookies and underwear. It was accidentally sent to Belize for some reason?

Ok you girls hit that gym up constantly, two days a week MINIMUM! Mom you still have that 100lbs goal and that’s the only way you can get there. You are still going to church right? The last thing you need to do is go inactive with a missionary in Peru fighting these inactive all the way to church! Good to hear Rob A is getting his education, it will pay off; as well he should steadily work the business a little here and a little there but always stay connected. I wish Vic good luck in his venture in the ARMY but I don’t think he will pick up many good habits there. I hope Chris can find a way through this trial and come to the realization that drugs and alcohol just doesn’t cut it, it is like an ice cream with all the fixings and a hidden cockroach, this is how the devil works.

Work hard Mom but its better to work smart and hard for 2 years and reap the benefits for the rest of your life than to work hard for the rest of your life and have no fruits to speak of!

Send my love to my family & friends & yes and even Dad! : -) Please say hello to everyone at the Rocklin 6th & Rocklin 2nd for me. I gotta go but YOU are ALL in my prayers and you guys give me the strength to keep on trucking on, because I’m here for God, my family and these Peruvians.

Peace out!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)