Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, March 16, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 03.16.09

Subject: Elder Morton is OLD!
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:18:02

Gracias a todo! (Thanks to everyone)!

Good news, we got two more baptisms this week and one more scheduled for next week!

Thanks for the packages and the shirts, I will let you know as soon as I get them. Thanks for the short sleeve shirts the XL now is HUGE and L is big, so I think a "M" or "L" would be just about right. I have enough vitamins for about three months as of now.

In regard to the protein bars don't worry about it, get what you can. I am greatful for all that you do because I know it is a huge sacrafice with the economy as it is right now, and on that note don't be so generous that you are struggling to make ends meat yet sending me a bunch of stuff, please. Work the business every week doing something to keep plugged in and the business growing yet being able to still work the other jobs.

As of now I have not recieved the card with $30.00 cash or my birthday box. Changes are next week so depending on that, I might get that stuff. It's good that you are setting time aside for God, I know he will bless you for it.

I have heard things in the states are really tough, but keep at it, its like pounding the rock, eventually it will bust into pieces! I am sorry to hear about Mike having to sell his condo,but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. I am also sorry to hear about Wally and his hours being cut, it's a shame, but he can rise above this trial.

Keep up the good work Mom and Dad, if you keep working the business here a litle, there a litle, you will be able over a period of time be able to recouperate the time when you get to Platnum, Emerald, and Diamond status!

If Rob A really look at TEAM INA like a business he would realize he cant get a better "deal" than being payed to buy products he would normally buy any way by doing what he already likes to do which is buy, and refer! Rob A should talk to Bill more often and LISTEN and APPLY the counsel that Bill gives him or anyone else in the business for that matter. In regards to my gentle humor this is a perfect example of the fact that I will not always be there to soften the blows of life and that as big boys and girls you need to figure out a way to find the strength inside yourselves to overcome trials because you have it in you.

Brandon and Vic are in the process of growing up which isn't easy, but I think in the end they will do just fine. We will visit Peru and all my areas of service in 2011 because that is my goal and it will be a family trip that all are invited to partake in, so don't worry about picking me up in June 2010. It's time to go but I love you all y siempre estan en mis oraciones! (and you are always in my prayers)!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)