Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Elder Morton, Senior Companion!

Subject: I’m going to Lima as Senior companion!
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:24:16

Hey yall!

Our next change is this Wednesday the 29th and I have done well enough to be senior companion which means I’m in charge! It’s crazy to think but its true, the president trusts me enough to be a leader. I thought I would never be capable with the way I was progressing, but you never know what the future holds.

I did receive the box you sent June 12th with the soap, razors, protein bars, powder, vitamins and calcium which the calcium will last me my whole mission! I also received the photos, letters and garments.

I am now in the process of writing Rob the Animal and I will send the letter out as soon and possible.

I burnt a DVD of all my photos and will send that out too. My weight is more normal now. I am probably about 135-140 I would guess but I have no idea really. I am basically used to the food now so all is well there. Oh yeah tell Rob A that he should eat more meat and less protein powder!

Wow Jackie got hitched! She looks happy so I’m happy for her. I’m even happier to hear that Dad got to walk his daughter down the aisle.

That’s cool that you visited Earl and he was happy to talk to you guys. Those old people need a visit every now and then to keep them going. It’s a service that I wish I did more of before the mission but now that I have learned the value of service I will be doing more of it when I get home.

It's been tough here as a missionary in Huaral because the people don’t really want to listen to us or our message and its sad because really there is nothing to lose and everything to gain being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have learned so very much to confide in the Lord a whole lot more and that the key to real joy not only is having faith but being obedient to what we know is true. I am grateful for making the decision to go on a mission. I wish I had the faith in myself and the lord to have done it sooner. I know that this is what the Lord wanted for me all along and now I am lucky enough to experience it for these two years. The principles I learn here I will be able to apply not only as a missionary but as a latter day saint, a son, a brother, an uncle, and eventually a husband and a father. Its absolutely priceless.

I pray that my family too may have the desire to know for themselves why their little brother, uncle or friend is in Peru preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. It’s because as crazy as it sounds, families really can be forever. The only way they can know for themselves is to ask God himself if its true in a prayer, and if they pay attention they will receive an answer.

I would like if Mom did our family history for the next 11 months because when I get back I want to do the temple work for the Giosso’s and Morton’s. A name here a name there when there is time.

So how is everybody doing? Sounds like Annette is still very busy and that’s ok. James is growing up and that’s really great. Chris is turning out to be a good young man; I knew he could do it. Wally and Jenn are the same it seems. Mike and Sunny seems to be happy with their little rascal and I'm really excited to see him when I get home.

What’s the latest on the San Francisco crew? Jimmie, Fu and the kids, Semaj, China and my newest nephew. Joyce, Revonda, and her rascals. The young guns? Bill and Sue, Jenna, Adam, Corey, Brett, Michelle, Colon, Adrian and his brother.

Especially how are you guys doing? The old guns hanging in there? Rocklin 2nd and 6th any good news from there? I received a letter from the Rocklin 2nd wards young women who did a camp out of some sort and wrote the missionaries. It was cool.

As always I love you all and pray the best for you. May you overcome all the trials Satan throws in your way and cling even more firmly to the "iron rod."

Love, Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)