Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Letter from Huacho/Huaral, Peru

Subject: Huacho/Huaral, Peru
Date: July 10, 2009

Hey Fam!

I don’t know how I managed it but I have a few extra minutes this morning so I am writing a little bit of what’s going down with me in Huacho/Huaral. First of all it isn’t the jungle, so right now it’s a bit cold, but I brought a sweater.

This branch has over 1,500 less active members and about 100 that attend weekly. The church doesn’t have a computer so everything is kept track on paper so finding addresses to houses is an adventure. I, somewhere along the line obtained a negative attitude towards Latino’s and all because of my developing pride and impatience. After two verbal fights with my companion in two weeks I had no choice but to look inward on the situation and come up with a solution. I realized that needed to change not just for now, but for the long run, and in a big way. I’m in the midst of that now, and I am grateful in every way for the opportunity in which God has blessed me with to actually become humble and patient like Josh, Jon, and Joe Mortimer and all the other really great young men that served missions and now are great men of God. I respect them a lot.

I've had a lot of time to think of what I want to do with my life when I get home and the Team INA business will be a big part. I want my family to have the opportunity to see the world and how good we have it where we live. If I bust my behind I will get married in a year from when I get home from the mission and a year later we will be able to buy our first house. At this rate by 30, my wife will be a full time mom and I will be working part-time for “the man” and part-time for myself. At age 33 I will be retired and a full time dad. It’s possible and all’s I have to do is obey the commandments, work hard, and stay humble. I hope you guys are working the business as well as going to church amongst the craziness.

How crazy is that? I’m talking about my own family, wife, and kids like it’s just around the corner and I have almost a year left to serve before I can do anything about these things. I’m getting old before my eyes but that’s inevitable really. I am changing in just about every way possible but I know it’s what God intends for me and I’m happy with the man I am becoming. I’m not the man I need to be but thanks to the mission I’m getting there little by little. God has a plan for us and if we do our part we will be blessed temporally and spiritually.

As a missionary I see the difference between the faithful members and the so so and the reason why the faithful seem to always have enough in every sense, not necessarily rich but enough to over come trials; it’s their faith and obedience to the commandments. All we have to do is keep on keeping on in a positive way and with a whole lot of faith nothing is impossible, no matter age, race, or looks.

I love you and pray you are all well. Please give my shout outs to everyone we know and love.

Love, Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)