Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, July 13, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 07.13.09

Subject: Growing up in Huaral
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:37:57

Wow!

Last week for you guys was crazy with the accident and all! That’s cool that Matt said he would be there for you guys. It seems like the two babies are growing up James and Rob that is LOL! It is nice to hear Wally Jennifer helped Dad lending him their car. I was sorry to hear about Matt & Annette I hope things work out for her and my nephews.

It’s true what they say in INA, they always change the deal and the deal always requires more work for the same pay. Are you guys still working the business or just buying the products? I know you can do it and not only that, but you NEED to do it because you guys aren’t getting any younger and you cant keep up this pace for long or you will work till you die, literally!

Jackie finally made the commitment, good for her! Rodney seems like a good guy. Yes, please send photos. I look forward to the smiles. Wow Claire will be 9! Please send her a very happy Birthday from Uncle Rob! Ashleigh will be 14?! That’s crazy to think. Man Mike will be 31, the babies are getting old! Yeah, that’s right Wally and Jennifer’s Anniversary is in August. 10 years of bliss, you got to give them props for making it work and not giving up when they could have many times.

I haven’t received that letter from Rob A but that’s because we didn’t have interviews with the President June and July it looks like it will be towards the end before we have interviews and changes are the 29th so by sometime this month I will receive that stuff. I will write back and give Rob A my opinion as soon as I receive the letter, without a doubt.

I recently wrote you all a letter and I’m sending it today with a cool post card from a place we visited as a zone which is near the area me and my comp get to preach the gospel. I am also going to look for an area to burn my pictures onto a CD once again so I can send you the photos I promised. You would be proud of me. I am really growing up. It only took a year in the mish to break me down enough to be willing to change but its happening. It’s so much easier to learn when you are humble and willing to take criticism and advice from people who really know what they are talking about. The culture is different here and I am actually adjusting and changing my way to interact with people for the better. They are sensitive here and I’m really learning how to sweet talk so that I don’t offend people and so that I can be a more effective missionary.

You and Dad are still going to church, praying, and reading your scriptures right? I sure hope so. I pray for you all a lot and I hope you follow the prophet and his counseling’s because they are modern revelation and we will be blessed if we follow what he and his apostles say.

I love you all and have faith that if we do all we are able Jesus will make up for what we lack and we will be blessed spiritually and temporally and with the excess we can bless the lives of our family and friends.
You can do it!

Much Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)