Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 07.20.09

Subject: ¡Estoy muuuuy bien! Gracias
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:54:20

Hey yall!

Wow Jenn and Wally are once again with Jenns Mom?

Thats crazy that the great grand mother suffered a stroke, thats not good.

That Mike likes to work far from home but who can blame him with the crazy family he has LOL! Wow Ryder has 7 teeth already? He is growing up quick but thats how kids are! In regards to Annette let her do her thing. She knows where you live, your email, phone and cell number at this point its in her hands. You cant worry about her, you have more important things to do like take care of your health.

I'm glad Chris has turned out to be a promising young man. Thats more than I can say for the rest it seems. Selfishness and pride seems to be more the rule than the exception. I, through these last few months have realized humility, patience and charity are three big keys to success and real happiness in life. I heard that Dad totaled his truck and he was a bit shook up but alright. Its good to hear nothing drastick happened. Say hello to the Mortons for me, all of them!

I have changed a whole lot its crazy. I was thinking about it the other day and I still have a whole lot to learn and 11 months to do it in! I dont make the nasty comments every time someone says something I dont like and I am taking criticism a lot better; Im basically taking it like a man! Sometimes its better to not make a scene and do what you have to so you can get what you want in the end. The woman I marry will have to be great because of our kids, if they take after me they will be crazy for the first 23 years! These past 2 months really have been humbling for me. Its been really good because I truely believe I needed it more than I knew. I am discovering on the mission not only how important the family is but what I want for my own family and what I will need to do or sacrafice in order to get it. I realized the first two years of my post mission life will be hard, but if if I take what I have learned here about faith, obedience and dilligence it will be worth all the hard work in the end because my family will have the life I want for them, the life they deserve.

I hope you guys are still doing your all to build your spiritual wealth as well as financial wealth. I know you guys are capable of great things it just take a little bit of faith, obedience, and dilligence and you can have it all!> I love you all. Please keep me updated with all the crews from Rocklin to the Bay area to Italy and everywhere else because I got love for them all!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)