Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 04.27.09

Subject: 10 Months down 14 to go!
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:42:02

Hey yall,

As of now I don’t know what hour I will be able to call but when I know you will know. It's good to hear you guys are hanging in there with your health and Vic And Brandon are helping out. Wow gout huh? Well do what the doctor says and don't be stubborn. Good luck with working out! Yeah keep eating that clean good food, who cares about taste?! Keep up the prayers and good hard work.

I am jazzed to hear that you guys are staying plugged in to the business, I know that it will pay off in the end in more ways than one. That's cool my homie Ezra contacting you, he is a great guy and equally was a great missionary which I believe he will make just as good a business owner in Team INA. I feel you about the weather it's hot and then raining in the same day. I will keep you posted about the box so don't worry. What's Ezra doing in Lima?! Is he stalking me? LOL! I'm still in the jungle for at least one more week... after that I can not say.

Things are going really good here, my Spanish is finally coming along, although there are a few people who like to take the wind out of my sails by telling me my Spanish sucks. I am working hard and trying to have love for them but this is the mission overcoming trials by exercising your faith and forgetting yourself.

We had three baptisms Saturday the 25th and that was BOMB! Alex, Rosa, Isaacs are great converts. At this point in regards to missionary work I am almost competent enough, I believe, to be a senior companion which is really cool for me. Every up and down on the mission that experience I realize more and more how truly important the mission is for young men. It's the reason; I believe those returning missionaries that stay active in the church are so successful both spiritually and temporally.

I pray for all you guys family and friends every day and I love you all. I hope as I'm here you are there receiving the blessings as a result of my hard work because I know you guys need it! Please say Hi for me to all the family and our homies as well. I really love the mission. Who knew Id love something so mentally challenging in which I can't lift weights as well?! It’s all good, when I get back, I'll get back to lifting weights ASAP!

Keep the faith and always remember we are all children of God which means our potential is unlimited.

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)