Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, May 4, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 05.04.09

Subject: Still in the jungle!
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:14:37

Hey yall!

I had time to look at the photo marked "Elder Morton & Elders in Peru Soccer players" The people in the photo are: Elders Rich, Clarke, Garnica, Cuellar, Agiular, Choc, Elison, Mamani, Yo, Moreira, Figueroa, Quintana, Merril, Rojas.

I received my birthday box on April 29th for our entrevistas with the Prez, and the letter inside was dated March 16th and had 2 shirts one Medium and other Large (Medium is better), 2 bags of protein powder and bars, beef jerky, batteries and cereal. I have not received that letter with $30 that Dad sent.

If you could send four things of floss, a few bars of soap in the next package that would be awesome and a new VISA because the VISA that I have was done as of March of this year and if there is an emergency I will need to use my money from home. I should receive another box this upcoming Monday because the Zone Leaders are going to Lima for training this Wednesday or Thursday, and will bring whatever the office has for us back to our area. I’m good on socks, and garments, tennis shoes, vitamins. I don’t know when we will be calling yet but I would think in the morning or night.

Wow it’s Justin's 21st and Brandon’s 17th B-days, enjoy them and the time you have with them. Keep Vic & Brandon in check the best you can but you’re not their Mom, they know the rules, if they don’t want to play by them, they can try to find another place to stay. Don't worry about it, I doubt they'll find anyone that worries about them or cares about them like their Grandma!

Are you serious?! JAMES IS MOVING OUT? I’m so very proud of him there isn’t words to say. I knew you’d learn Mom; you are smarter than you give yourself credit for.

These Peruvians are from another world and when I get home I have MANY stories to tell.

RE: Abeyta's diet. That’s Rob A for you, he wants to get BIG, and then a month later wants to get RIPPED.

I remember Jack La Lane he is the bomb, someone to look up to even though we're about the same size! LOL from reading your description you sound like a commercial for the bike!

Keep on trucking Mom, I know you can do it all, every day take a step or two towards you goals and before you know you will pass up your goals and will need to adjust your goals. You can do it if you always have your goals on mind or reminders. It’s like the mission, if we think about baptisms we will baptize people, if we think about home or girls we will do stupid things with girls and go home!

I get to stay in the jungle for another 6 weeks which is cool with me. I like the jungle, when it rains, it’s the bomb, but when there isn’t rain I look more Latino every day! I am getting to the point to where I really can converse comfortably with the people here which for me is really cool. I have no idea but up to this point I have baptized 24 people and it seems like that number will be climbing fast these next few changes, God has a plan for us all I know this to be true we just need to exercise our faith by working hard so that he can steer us to achieve his purposes for us.

The same goes for you guys at home. God has a purpose for you all and its greater and grander than you can imagine but the only way you can realize your god given potential is DO what you know is right. Go to church, study your scriptures, magnify your callings in the church, work hard in your jobs and plan time every week to work the business and go to meetings and before you know it you wont need a "JOB" anymore and will be able to have more time to relax or whatever you want, maybe see the world! This is something I have prayed about every day and I testify in the name of Jesus Christ that it’s true. That’s what’s in our future, we just need to believe it’s possible and do a little bit every day until it’s a reality.

I look forward to talking to you on Mothers day and I love you all and pray the best for you all.
Please send my love to the family and friends and I’m still waiting on pictures from Semaj’s wedding and son. Send my love to Jimmie and Fu, Kelvin, Rocklin 2nd and Rocklin 6th, Young Guns, and everyone that cares for me and I for them.

Love,
Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)