Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, May 18, 2009

Letter from Elder Morton, 05.18.09

Subject: I loved the pictures!!
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 16:00:24

Hey Fam!

I really enjoyed the photos of Jimmie, Fu, Syaka, Masai and the family. I hope Japan treated the Wilson's.

Vic and Chris are really remind me of Jeff and James.... Brandon to me looks almost the same as before I left;

Ryder is growing fast, and is a cute kid.

I hate to break it to you but I didn’t receive the packages you have sent when the zone leaders went to Lima a week and a half ago. I don’t know what happened but I think its a matter of laziness on the part of the missionary who is responsible for getting the packages and sorting them out according to zones.

Wow 100 degrees! That’s HOT, its been pretty chill here with a little rain and some sun as well. Don't miss any meals. You better eat dinner, you need that nutrition!

That’s Rob A for ya, he will want to get big once again so he can lift the big man weights.

I really did enjoy the photos of Semaj and the family. I will be talking to him when I get home if not sooner. I am glad your mothers day went well with the family, that’s a blessing in itself.

That’s Vic for ya. He does what he wants and if someone doesn’t like it "whatever" That is a shame that he has that attitude still. So you once again are stressing so much you busted a blood vessel, be careful! At least the gout is gone that’s good.

That’s cool Brandon had a day at the park with the elders. They are a great influence for Brandon because they will tell him how it is and their words are inspired of God not of man.

Wow! How crazy is that?! Futaba had breast cancer? At least the recent news is that’s she is clear of that. Your email was true. Every good and bad experience is for a reason. We're here to learn and grow. We are not on vacation, were here on earth to prepare to face God after we die and explain our actions and thoughts and if we prove worthy we can live in true happiness forever with our families.

We baptized another great young man this Sunday and that rocks! The devil really works hard on people before and immediately after their baptisms. The only answer is faithful prayer, scripture study and doing all that is possible till the impossible!

My new comp and I are working hard and truly changing the hearts of the people, or better said God is changing the hearts of the people we come in contact with and its really a great experience.

I pray that my family and that includes our family friends keep strong and never lose the faith because there really is more to life that to be born, live, have kids and die.

I love you all more than ever before!

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)