Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Working hard and loving it!

Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 11:58:24 -0300
Subject: Working hard and loving it!

Hey yall!

Yes, it’s crazy to think that 22 months have gone by and were going for 23. It’s been crazy for the last two weeks but I am learning a whole lot about stress management! Brandon. He’s another story. At least he’s alright although I don’t agree with what he was doing. I hope he learns from this experience and moves on. DUDE! James will be 40!!!! Is that weird to say or what? When I call I will make time for everyone that is there. As usual I will call Saturday afternoon about 6-7pm as my ¨Pre call¨ to tell you when I will be calling Sunday.

That’s cool about the job offer but I don’t know or remember a Trevor Taylor and I can’t do anything about his offer for two months any way. I plan on working at two gyms and with the time I have left I will go to church and work the business, but for real this time. I have a many goals that I want to accomplish and to accomplish them I have to focus good and hard for about three years and for three years I can put it on cruise control but until then it will be pedal to the medal! I need to make good money to support a family because I plan on getting married in a year and having my first child 9 months after that! The only way I can provide well for them is if I am a Diamond. For me there is no other option. I want to be a good leader in the church as well and if I don’t focus on getting my life together now I will never get it done. I don’t want to be the type of member that always has an excuse as to why they can’t magnify their church calling. These are some of my goals and I will accomplish them if I work hard and trust in the lord.

I am busting my butt and I can truly say that I am receiving a lot of blessings. The lord is putting people in our path that want to listen to our message. We have a good number of baptisms planned for the month of May and I am really pumped because we still have time to challenge more people to be baptized this month. The kid I am training is learning super fast how to teach and contact well and I am really proud of him. I didn’t learn that fast because I was prideful but the good news is that I learned my lesson and now I don’t let my pride get in the way of my progression. If we truly study and learn from the scriptures we can change for the better. I know this to be true because it’s something that I am living. I invite you all to read, pray, and go to church on a weekly basis and when you go, pay attention as apposed to sleeping, you will be blessed and learn a whole lot more!

I love you all and look forward to talking to you soon!

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)