Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Saturday, May 15, 2010

It was a blast but its back to business!....for 2 months at least!

Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:12:27 -0500
Subject: It was a blast but its back to business!....for 2 months at least!

Hey yall!

Yes it was cool for me to talk to everyone even though the time ran short it was better than nothing! I understood everything; I just had to think about how to say what I wanted in English! How crazy is that?! Don’t worry we all make mistakes but we can change for the better. Keep going to church, the activities, praying often and studying the scriptures and little by little your vision of life will improve. June is the arrival of the old baby and the new baby! The difference is the old baby isn’t the same as he was before and Vic will never be the same as before because he will have to be a father. Ok, I agree, 4:30pm at the Sac airport and straight to the Stake President and home, from there we will see how it goes because I don’t know what kind of condition I will be in when I get home.

As for Justin I can only imagine what he’s thinking and honestly it’s not much of a surprise considering the father figures he’s had. I love Annette but Matt wasn’t the best example and really the only reason she stayed with him for as long as she did was because of the security. There is no other good reason to be more than friends with a guy like him than that. Justin has always had a chip on his shoulder, really an emptiness that he is trying to fill and since he never had a good foundation in the lord he is looking in the world to fill that hole inside. I will talk with him when I get home but really it all depends on him. It’s like James, you can take a horse to the water hole but you can’t make him drink. It’s absolutely the truth. James didn’t have much interest in God until he found a Bible with tapes in a car he was cleaning out. No one can make someone else make good decisions if they don’t want to. Basically Justin is a very confused young man and going into the Army more likely than not won’t be of much help with that confusion. One day he will realize, if he is lucky, that he needs to change for the better and start making good life decisions or he will never will be happy deep down inside. It sounds like the chick is more of a cancer than the cure and if he is smart he will cut off all ties and move on with his life. I have his address and I will right him don’t worry.

I will do the best that I can but I am only one person and the family needs to learn how big boys and girls without me because soon I will be a husband and a father. I won’t always be there for you all; I will need to be there for my family, my career and the church. The good news is that I have learned how to plan a whole lot better so I will make good use of every hour but there are only 24 hours and my plate will be full just like everyone else’s soon.

I love you all and pray for you always. I want nothing but the best for you because I love my family and I will be sharing the gospel with all those who want to see how the gospel really does changes lives for the best. I won’t pressure anyone don’t worry, but I truly believe it’s what the family needs. The gospel of Jesus Christ is what has given me the strength to not only survive these 22 months but grow and change into the man that God needs me to be so that I can be successful at whatever I do in his name.

I love you all and send my love to all the family and friends in the good ole U.S of A!

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)