Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, May 24, 2010

Welcome to the desert! There are people here that need the Gospel...

Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 11:15:27 -0500
Subject: Welcome to the desert! There are people here that need the Gospel...

Hey yall!

I am glad that you heard back from Giorgio. Those guys and their cigar thing, they make me laugh. Vic’s baby shower that has a funny ring to it, I almost can’t believe it, but it’s true. That’s cool that Vivian speaks two languages. I hope they teach the kids to speak Chinese and English as well. It would be a good advantage for them in the future. I hope as well the hard work ethic will rub off on Vic, he needs it!

Welcome to the military life Chris! It sounds like a blast! I think he will do well as long as he keeps a positive attitude, works hard and is obedient. The kids are growing up fast and so are the old people! Jeff will be 45, how crazy is that! Holla at everyone for me!

I am glad that your health is improving and that you’re seeing results, keep up the good work. If you can send some photos in your next email that would be great so that I can download them and give them to the offices so that they have something for my part in the slide show. They want 5 pictures before the mission, 5 during, and 5 of baptisms. I have the photos during the mission and baptisms but nothing from the life before the mission. Thank you for helping me in this and really all the help I have received in the mission. It has been a great experience for me and you have been a big contributor to that.

As I said I am here in Ventanilla which is a hilly desert about an hour and a half outside of Lima, but it’s panning out well for us because now we know the area a bit more and we have a little help from the members which was needed a whole lot. We will be able to do a whole lot more now, and that takes a load off my shoulders. It goes to show that if we have faith and work, in due time things will work out. It’s crazy to think that my time here is coming to an end. I never thought it would end but all things must come to an end. The only thing that has no end is the family! I am really pumped to work hard so that a lot more families can have their lives blessed by the gospel because this is the work of the lord and I owe him big time and besides that I don’t have time to slack off.

I will bust my butt till the very end just like I did as a bodybuilder! I pray for you guys always and I hope you are doing what you know is right: Read 1 Nephi Ch. 8. It talks about the perseverance. We are in that phase of life right now, persevering till the end of our lives. Keep up the positive attitude, obey the commandments and build the business! Plan for success!

1. Work
2. Family
3. Church
4. Team INA

With diligence eventually it will be:

1. Family
2. Church
3. Team INA

Send a shout out to all my family and friends that I love them and will be seeing them soon!

Love,
Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)