Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, April 5, 2010

HAPPY EASTER!

Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:43:32 -0400
Subject: RE: HAPPY EASTER!

Hey yall!

I got the shirt and tie from Jennifer and they are cool! Thanks!

It was a week full of drama for us here too. We had a great week and this past week just about all the baptismal dates we had fell through because of stupid stuff such as being catholic and not being sure about being baptized again because their priest said they don't need to be baptized again, to not wanting to give up drinking and another one was, their uncle died in morning so the whole family had to go to the hospital.

I got the news that I will be training a greenie this change so this change will be absolutely nuts! I never even dreamed of training a newbie but I will be doing it so obviously the President has more confidence in me than I thought.

It seems like Justin chose a real ´´winner´´ excuse the sarcasm. It’s sad but he will learn the hard way. The good news is that he will learn because he isn’t stupid. ´´dinero, dinero es lo que el mundo quiere´´ (´´money, money is what the world wants´´) says Daddy Yankee a rap artist that’s from Puerto Rico and it’s true.

Brandon is another story and really I don’t want to say what I think about what he is, has and will do with his life. These kids are ungrateful for what they have. They are so blessed and it’s not enough they think the world owes them more and it is absolutely false. The world doesn’t owe them anything. You get what you give.

Vic is married. I am speechless. It seems to me that the end of June will be full of mixed emotions for the family but I will be happy to be home and start molding my future as the lord would have me do. I didn’t do much for Easter. I saw the conference and it pretty much was the bomb! In regards to my call to you on mother’s day I have no idea when I will be calling but it probably will be in the afternoon, but I will call the day before to inform you about all of that. The time is flying by I can’t deny it. Can you believe I have been here in Peru for 21 months? I’m on the home stretch so I need to work hard and stay positive till the end.

That’s sad that Aunt Wilma hurt her arm but she will recuperate well. Wow Jenn is getting old too! 35! I am feeling and looking my age. I think I will be bald by 28 like your father. That’s life. It hasn’t stopped Clark Broome! I feel good really. Easter is weird here because 75% of the people are Catholic so everyone was drinking and partying it up in the name of the lord. I am really working hard and that is the best thing one can do as a missionary because these two years are short and they go by fast! So much to do so little time to do it in. The sad part is that all good things must come to an end and it’s creeping up on me faster than I’d like. I have mixed emotions about the fact that it will be ending soon. It’s great and yet I am sad too because I have so many great friends here. Without a doubt I will make my visits here whenever possible. I love you guys and because of that I am busting my butt so that you all can receive blessings but it all depends on your obedience to the commandments. If you do what you know is right you will receive the blessings afterwards. I invite you to work hard, pray often and have faith in the lord in all things.  Love,  Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)