Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Word up! Working it in Perú!

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:51:28 -0500
Subject: Word up! Working it in Perú!

Hey yall!

It´s all good mom. I know things can be hard at times but everything will turn out all right. I haven´t received the box yet but I´m sure I will get it soon. This will be my last box in the mission I think. How crazy is that!

Wow Alberto is 28 now. We´re getting old aren´t we? Well that´s how it goes, like it or love it! I can´t wait to go to Italy in 2012! It will be a blast! We have to work hard and be obedient so that we can be blessed enough to go and not be poor the rest of the year afterwards.

Javier Aldave is a member of one of the wards I am in here. He hangs out with us all day doing what missionaries do because he sent his mission papers in and is waiting for his mission call so he goes to school and helps us all day. He´s a good kid.

John Roberts what´s he up to these days? Wow his kid is a man now. That went by fast!

I hope all goes well with Chris and that he makes good life decisions so that the family that he will have in the future has a better life than he had. He can do it.

It´s weird showing a new missionary the ropes but it´s cool. It requires a lot of patience, humility, and understanding. I have to be a ball of energy so it´s good for me because I like working hard and being positive. The funny thing is that my English is starting to go because I am dominating spanish more and more every day. I have completely forgotten how to pray in English. I am really seeing the results of hard work and obedience. I also see clearer what happens when one slacks off a bit because the blessings don´t come as one would like. I have a few really high goals that I want to accomplish and I will stop at nothing to accomplish them. I know that the lord has my back and now I can truly testify that all that the church teaches is true. The lord has big plans for us we just need to put our shoulder to the wheel and show our faith in him.

The mission has been a true blessing in my life. I love serving the people of Perù and I have to say that the mission has gone by way too fast! I have about 2 months left and I am torn. I want to go home to the people I love and the things I love doing (THE GYM) but it feels good challenging myself mentally and doing things that I would never have done before because of fear and pride. These truly are the best two years. When I get home I am planning on taking the family to church and if they are willing I will teach them why the church is true. I love my family and I would like to have an eternal family and the same goes for our friends, I will share the gospel with a whole lot of people that I didn´t get a chance to before. We are going to kick butt on every level when I get home so buckle up! I love you all and pray for you often.

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)