Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, March 29, 2010

Living the dream!

Subject: Living the dream!
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:26:26

Hey yall!

This past week was the best week for us as missionaries go because we are seeing the results of our hard work and people are attending church that we are teaching! We have a few baptisms programmed for April and this week we will be getting more! We have a good number of families that we are teaching and the number is growing every day. I am really happy about that because we had about a week and a half of almost nothing after a few baptisms in the first two weeks of March.

Justin is what you get when you don't have your priorities in order. There always will be "The black sheep" or "the rebel" when you have kids but if you give them a good foundation until they reach 18 they at least will end up pretty normal adults. Brandon is a junior. It's hard to believe but we're all getting old! Brandon has always had that side to him where he wants to do what he wants and gets angry if you bother him. He has been that way ever since he was a baby. Brandon is and always was spoiled because his Mom let him be that way and Justin is the same way.

There is always hope but at this point they need reprogramming before it's too late. Brandon has it easy and I hope he doesn't take it for granted. It seems like Brandon is going down the same road as Justin in many ways. It's an empty life and I pray that they can learn from their mistakes before it's too late. It's a bit cruel but sometimes the booty blinds young men and they have no idea what is right and what is wrong. It's like a drug in a way in that you will do anything to get it once you are addicted to it even if it means putting your family through hell and back.

That's good news that Dad got a chance to see Ryder and was all grins afterwards. I know it's crazy there with the crisis and everything and all I can do is pray that the lord might bless you and keep you safe and with a roof over your head. You can get out of the rut of you keep active in the church and work the business in your free time. JUST DO IT!

I agree Mom they don't make them like they used to, but there is always hope. My kids will be different because they will have the gospel in their lives from day 1. My kids will learn the value of following the commandments and setting good goals and how to accomplish them and they will be my legacy because I will give them a chance to be successful in Team INA and they will serve a mission when they are 19 years old. I agree with you I will talk to Annette because I plan on being a Diamond in 6 years and I will not rest until I accomplish that goal because it's the best I can do for my family.

You too can be a great leader in the business all you need is more confidence in that you CAN do it! I am super pumped because my testimony is growing every day and I can honestly say that I won't be the same when I get home. I have different vision and a different attitude. The mission really molds us and prepares us for the future if we let it, if we really lose ourselves in the lord's work. It's hard to believe that I will be home in three months! It's crazy how fast the time has gone by. I have two changes left and I'm done. It's weird. I don't like how it sounds but the truth hurts sometimes. I love being a missionary. We really help people on a deeper level. This is the work of the lord.

I love you all and I can't wait to show you all the great families I have been blessed to know. I have friends here that truly feel like an extension of my family. I love them. I can't wait to show you the converts. I plan on taking the family to Peru as a Diamond celebration!

Send my love to the family and friends,
Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)