Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, March 8, 2010

Working hard and loving it!

Subject: Working hard and loving it!
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:46:12

Hey yall!

To much surprise I received the birthday box today! So I have the sox’s, CD, protein powder, vitamins, letters, birthday cards, and protein bars. Thank you Mom! In regards to the next box I think I'm good for now, maybe some old spice high endurance deodorant stick and razors, there is nothing else that I can think of right now.

Yes I plan on doing things a lot different this time around. You're right; the time is flying by so fast I can't believe it. Yeah you tell those guys to clean up the joint or I will lay the smack down! lol!

I feel you about Peru. It has been a wake up call in many ways and I know that it is for my own good and that of my family as well. Yeah get yourself back in the gym and I will do the same as soon as I get home! Keep up the good work y'all and the blessings will come.

With Justin whatever happens it was meant to be that way and we must learn from the good and bad experiences but I have no doubt everything will be alright with him.

Brother Solomon is the man! I have always liked him. I want to be more like him when I grow up!

I hope Wally & Jennifer are happy and things work out for them whether they stay in California or move to Utah. I invite him to live here in Peru and see what it's really like to have a hard life. He needs to move on and enjoy what he has, a wonderful wife and daughter. That's cool that Mike invited you guys over whenever you'd like to see Ryder. I can't believe Ryder is 17 months old.

Tell Chris to keep at it and no matter what give it his very best and he will do well.

Wow! Brandon will be 18! How crazy is that! And Justin will be 22...Wow! I wish them nothing but luck in their lives and I invite them to investigate the church because they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I know this to be true because I have seen miracles as a result of living the gospel.

Here in my new area we are busting our behinds and seeing the fruits of that work and really I feel blessed to be here. My comp is a great young man and we get along well. We really want to make a difference in the wards that we have because our goal is to baptize 8 people in March and that will require working as a team with the wards we are in. I know we can do it and it's going to be a great experience for us all. I have never worked so hard in the mission and yet I have never been so happy. This is God's work and it's true, I have no doubt about that.

When I get back home I plan on going to the gym right after sleeping for half a day! I want to have about two weeks of working out at the gym, lifting weights, playing X-Box and resting..... After that I will be full out Work, Church, Team INA, and studying Italian and Spanish. I have a lot of goals and one of those is finding "mi media naranja o mi flaca." In other words, my future wife! With my new skills I will be able to do a lot more with my time than before and there will be enough time for everyone. I know that God has big plans for me all I have to do is be obedient to his commandments and diligent in my work ethic and do it all with love!

A new Rob is coming to town, watch out! I love you all and what I'd like most is to see you all happy and really understand what our purpose is here and that this isn't it, there is much, much more but it depends on us. We are children of God and there are no limits to what we can do.

Send my love to the family, friends and everyone who asks about me , please tell them that I am doing great and loving the mission. I am grateful for this experience and no matter what my kids are going to serve a mission!

Love,
Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)