Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, March 22, 2010

Still working hard & Loving it!

Subject: Working hard and loving it!
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:55:02

Hey yáll!

My Birthday was pretty cool. I had two cakes and spent my birthday with a few of our recent converts. I think the package from Jennifer is in the offices now because my one of my buddies is the package guy now. That sucks that Alberto wasn’t able to visit you guys but we’ll be going there soon! If he visits in October or November I will be home and that would be really cool!

Well it looks like Justin is going down the same route as many other military rebels. I am disappointed he no showed you at his going away breakfast and the way things turned out for you and Annette. It’s disappointing, but he’s a grown man so it’s his problem. He’s lucky I’m here because that’s just not right. What the heck! It’s sad really because it could be a whole lot different all he needs is the gospel in his life. June will be interesting and that’s for sure!

That’s cool about Abel and his girlfriend. He’s a good guy. I didn’t know he sings but maybe he could do something with that because he dances as well. You gotta say hi to Jimmie and Fu for me! I want to talk to them about some business ideas that I have when I get home. Yeah tell them because it comes from a branch president here in Peru and well, he’s a happily married man with a great little son. He's only 28 years old and a leader in the church, with a college education. He has his stuff together.

Keep working hard and obeying the commandments. If you do that you will receive the blessings afterwards. I have a testimony of that because I have been able to see the results in my mission many times. The scriptures teach us how we can be blessed and happy but if we don’t do what the lord wants we won’t be truly happy, never will we be able to fill the emptiness with material things. It’s like this if we can’t help our selves be happy how can we help someone else be something that we are not? We can’t and won’t it’s plain and simple.

We have the two things we need to be happy in our hands we just need to take advantage of these things so that we can be happy and help everyone else obtain the happiness that we have in the lord. The church is true and if we follow the example of Wade and Terri Simmons we can help a whole lot of people spiritually and temporally in ways that no one else can. I know that as children of God our potential is limitless no matter how "average" we seem.

I Love you all,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)