Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, January 4, 2010

New year new Elder!

Subject: New year new Elder!
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 14:42

Hey yall!

It’s good to be in 2010! It’s a new year full of new opportunities and new arrivals! Let’s not count the months down because we can’t afford to assume and lose blessings and opportunities! Don’t worry about me! I am a bit older and more experienced with these things and I only take my camera with me when we do things as a group - tourist as a zone or when I leave a zone to say good bye to the great families I have come to know well. As far as money well I have about $10 on me and usually no more than that. Don’t worry about that because my back pack is always at my feet where they would have to be a bit more obvious when robbing me and I don’t think they are that stupid. I plan on sending you a CD soon with a letter and some small stuff from Perú.

That’s cool that Annette is being social. I hope she is doing constructive things with her free time. Really I don’t know a whole lot of 43 year old single men from the church, but you never know! I know some Peruvians that fit that description but I wouldn’t recommend them for her. That’s cool to hear you chilled on new years eve, I think its just what you need.

What do I need? More dress socks, rechargeable AA and AAA batteries and you guys to work the business like never before so that when I get home you guys will be in a different economic situation than when I left. That way you can teach me how to do the same for my future family! I see that getting a job and all that starting over stuff with college will be hard but with help the transition will be less abrupt. I hope you were able to renew my license so that I can get to work right away and get ready because I am coming! Wow! I am really proud of James. He is really coming around. As you said there is hope! I sure hope he has the same or more interest in these things when I get home!

Talking about the Roe's the CD that Chris sent me is the BOMB! Its greatest gospel hits CD and I like it a lot! It gets me motivated and my comp doesn’t speak English.

Going to physical therapy you will get to recover from the daily grind of the week a bit more this year, which means you will have more energy to keep on keeping on! Wow! That’s really cool that Semaj and Redondo have their own businesses. I wish them all the best in their business ventures! George sings Hip Hop? Or more R&B? Either way I like both! Yeah by the time I get married he will be famous so that’s cool with me! I hope we get "The family discount".

Jill and Dean are going to the Mormon capital of the world good for them! Wow Jenns car took a dive that’s crazy! That’s nice of you to give her your car but you worked out some kind of deal with them right? I hope so. I am happy she is finally moving forward and looking for a new job. In regards to the car I am not even thinking about that yet. I do plan on buying something more my style as soon as possible though depending on the dinero situation! That’s cool that Josh (Mortimer) still remembers his Spanish really well. He must have studied more in college.

As for me I have been working my butt off spiritually and physically. I have a comp that’s super prideful and thinks he knows everything and isn’t afraid to say so. It makes me realize how important humility really is and how much of strength it is as well. I am learning a lot this change. I know that the lord is on my side and I can overcome any trial if I confide in him, be humble and bust my butt doing the right things. I have to say the mission is the best decision I have ever made and will never regret doing. I thank my God my family and the church for giving me this opportunity to serve the lord and really be truly converted to the only true church on the face of the earth.

Love,
Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)