Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

¡Gracias a todos ustedes!

Subject: ¡Gracias a todos ustedes!
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:22:10 +0000 Hey yall!

Yeah I feel bad that things didn’t work out as I hoped but sometimes these things happen and its out of our control no matter how good our intentions are. I wish Wally, Jenn, and Claire a Merry Christmas and a new year full of blessings as a result of good decisions, diligence, and an attitude that’s always positive! It was a great experience for me to talk a little bit with Brian, Brandon, Annette, James, and Dad and you, Mike and Sunny. I enjoyed talking to you as well. I wish we had a little more time but this time I have to be a good example as a senior companion and follow the hour rule. I understood all of you no worries. I know you love me and that’s what really matters and I hope you know that I love you all.

It’s disappointing you didn’t hear or see Justin on Christmas, but its good to hear that he is a little happier. I too hope Vic gets a job and grows up. I hope Vic accomplishes what it is that he wants. Don’t worry about the garments, it’s though that counts. As far as needs go I don’t need anything out of the norm just my normal vitamins and protein stuff and that you guys keep going to church, reading your scriptures, praying, and working the business and living the dream! I haven’t received the envelope you sent me yet but I will get it soon.

As far as I know I will be sent to Sacramento but don’t worry we will know when we need to know. That’s crazy! Elder Cook is almost done. That will be a great homecoming and he will be a great addition to the singles ward!

Give a holla at Camie and let her know I understand how things can get crazy at times. I too am experiencing the hectic life with changes left and right. A letter every now and then is cool but really I know she cares because she is one of the few of my friends that have written me. You know when they write they really are your friends even if its once.

Send a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year wish from Elder Morton to Tanya and the whole Mortimer-Zufelt family! ¡Próspero Año Nuevo!

Send a shout out to Rose for me. She rocks and I hope she had a very Merry Christmas and has an even better new year!

Send my love out to Jimmie, Futaba and Masai and Sayaka please because they are the best! I pray that everything works out well with her surgery and that the business stays strong and most of all so that they can enjoy a few chill moments in life as a family and as husband and wife! We have to converse with them when I get back because I really miss them and really all of my family and friends! When did Futaba send the letter because if I am not mistaken I received one a long time ago and it was nice? I hope the Wilson family had a great Christmas and a prosperous new year as well!

I am really enjoying myself here in El Perú. I learn something new every day and I truly feel as though the lord is molding me to be a better man than I could be without him. I truly know that God has a higher purpose for us than the "daily grind". He wants us to progress spiritually as well as temporally and as I told Annette if we are not progressing we are not doing what we have been sent here to do and most of all what we promised God our father we would do here. I pray that this New Year may be full of new and significant life goals with real intention to accomplish them. We can do it!

Love,
Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)