Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Buon Natale y Feliz Navidad!

Subject: Buon Natale y Feliz Navidad!
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:21

Hey yall!

Thanks for the garments and razors I appreciate it. Don’t worry these things happen every now and then. Thanks for the CD of church music because that’s all we can listen to. I appreciate the thought from Chris but I don’t know what CD he got me because it’ not Christmas yet! Thanks for the hair conditioner stuff once again! That’s cool about the commercials. Is the image getting better for Amway and Nutralite?

Yes I will be calling the 24th as my "Pre call" to tell you when I will be calling you on Christmas. I will call at night because I think were 1 or 2 hours ahead of you guys. I don’t know what time exactly yet.

The chocolate balls are for a couple in my ward who the husband served a mission in the Northern part of Perú and had a companion from the states. He tried this chocolate ball for Christmas as LOVES it! He asked me if I could have you send him and his wife one and I said I would ask. They are really cool people and I thought it couldn’t hurt to ask. Christmas is next week how crazy is that?

Speaking of Alberto how are the Minguzzi’s? Have you heard anything from them lately? Well the answer is yes and that’s cool! I read the letter from Vito and it sounds like everyone is doing their thing and overall pretty happy. I am happy to hear that they are doing well. Send them my best wishes please. Its good to hear that the grandma is still sticking in there, but when is Giorgio going to give Nadia and Vito grand kids and when is Alberto going to get hitched?! It seems as though June 2010 will be a big month worldwide!

Really I am enjoying this change more than ever. We are doing really good things in our area and the members are progressively happier with the missionaries. Almost 6 months to go and I am home, how fast the time is flying by. I still see a difference in the man I was compared to just 6 months ago and at this rate I will be a lot different in 6 more months when I get home. I have a different work ethic and desire to share the gospel with my family, not force my religion on them but share what I have learned in these two years with them, and let them make the decision on their own.

I am really pumped to talk to the family this Christmas. It will be a great experience for all of us I am sure. I love you all and hope that all my friends and family know that. From Rocklin and Auburn, CA, to South San Francisco, all the way to Italy and back I send my love to all and want to hear how everyone is doing for the holidays.

Love,
Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)