Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, January 18, 2010

My week was good, and yours?

Subject: My week was good, and yours?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:48

Hey yall!

Actually it’s been chill here, humid but not too hot. Its actually rained in Lima a few times which is practically the end of the world for them because it just doesn’t rain here. I haven’t received another box yet. That would be cool if Alberto could visit you guys for a bit in March.

About the temple in Italy are they actually building it and if so when do they plan on finishing? I want to go too! Holla at Bishop Smith, brother Knecht, Brother Gibson and that I am doing great! Please do what you can about my license to renew it I would appreciate it a lot.

Yes I plan on going back to Fitness 19 because I need to get back in the gym BAD! That’s cool about Rocklin going to state but for what Basketball, Football, Wrestling, or Baseball? I need to work hard from the get go because I have a lot of plans and little time to accomplish them in.

The changes were this last Wednesday January 13th and I am staying here in Lima till February 24th. I am excited because my new comp is super spiritual and just a great kid. I truly believe we will do some great things this change.

On a funny note I am forgetting my English and I didn’t notice it until now, because for some reason people are asking me what does this mean in English, and I have to think hard for about a minute until it comes to me! I have realized that I am a missionary and the transition to the "Normal life" will be awkward. Who knew? The good news is that God is blessing me every day more and more and I feel he is molding me into a better person. I know that he is blessing you guys as well. I hope you keep working hard and going to church and obeying the commandments so that he can bless you more and more.

Be patient, I am coming home soon but I am needed here I know this to be true. I pray more than anything that one day my family decides to accept the gospel in their lives. I am really happy that James is starting to think about the Bible and spiritual things a bit more and well and his education and working hard. He is capable of great things if only he trusts in himself and God. The same goes for you all because the lord has big plans for the family if only you believe that anything is possible. One thing I have come to realize in the mission is that we set our own limits not our heavenly father and the way we do it is by doing nothing at all or whining about our trials without doing what it takes to overcome the problem.

Let’s stay positive as TEAM. INA always tells us we can be financially free and with that freedom we can do great things for many people because serving others makes us feel good and it pleases the lord.

You guys are the best! Until next time I love you all and pray for the best.

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)