Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, December 1, 2008

Letter from Elder Robert Morton, 12.01.08

Subject: It's December already!
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:40:31 +0000

Hola Familia!

I received your Christmas card with the picture of Ryder, that was really cool to see almost everyones comments. Holy cow! Jamie and Jordan got a hold of James?! What's the catch? I guess the devil is working it everywhere because things here have been screwy too.

We went from having a possibility of 10 baptisms to only having two for November, but December is a new month! I got one email from you this week that was sent on the 24th of November so I dont know about that other you said you sent.

Wow Rob A is in the house...literally! How is that going? Good to hear he is busy, hopefully keeping his nose clean too.

How was Thanksgiving? Was it at your house or Matts? Who was there and whats the new family gossip? Hows the grand kids doing? James fall off the deep end or is he cool? How are Dad and you doing with everything?

On a funny note I had another first. So its a custom here to greet someone with a kiss on the cheek kind of like in Italy. For the first time (since I am a gringo) a girl went for the kiss and I freaked out jumped away sayin "No, no Im a missionary!" and put my hand out for a hand shake intead. She had to feel bad because she said " He doesn't want a kiss on the cheek" poor girl, it wasn't personal, I had no idea how to react. Its not that I didn't want a kiss on the cheek, I mean hey its me were talking about! It was hilarious nonetheless!

So pray that I go to the jungle for the next change or at least change wards! I have been in the same ward now for my 3rd change and getting a little stir crazy but it could always be worse. I pray for and love you all and hope that if nothing else comes of this mission at least my family might grow in understanding of what this life is really about, and that not all those Mormons are crazy, just most of them LOL!

Please send a shout out to all my family and friends that want to know if I am still alive and kicking also tell them I am becoming the man God intended me to be. Which is something that I couldnt have done on my own. In two years I will no longer be the"Baby" I once was, without a doubt I know this to be true. Things are really starting to become clear to me as to what is really important in life and that no matter how hard I have to work it is worth it if it means I have a happy family and am helping people obtain their dreams.

I am learning so much I can't even begin to write it all but my thoughts, actions and deeds are becoming that of someone who is a grown, responsible man. I couldnt have done it without my god and my loving and supportive family!

Love you guys,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)