Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, December 8, 2008

Letter From Elder Morton, 12-08-08

Subject: Elder Morton is ALIVE!.....still
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:44:37 +0000

Hey Family,

Once again I am still alive and kicking! As I said in my previous email I got the Christmas card and was very happy to see the family together for Moms birthday. A shout out to Brandon, it's cool that you look up to me but don't try to emmulate me. Strive to be better than me, you can do it. I am fallible, I have made many mistakes in my life and I will make many more. If you try to emmulate anyone emmulate Jesus Christ, he was and is pefect and with that as your goal you will always be striving to be better and thats how success and miracles happen. That goes for everyone, Jesus is our perfect example of how to act, think and be.

My ability to speak Spanish is getting better, a little here and a little there but my understanding is closer to where I want to be which is cool. I sent you guys a cool Christmas card, hope you like it, its from Peru, and in spanish, good luck! There is a CD of photos that hopefully makes it there safe. Whats the gang up to? Still positive and overcoming those trials that life throws at you? Is everything working out well with Rob A? How about you and Dad, still hangin in there? Oh yes if you could send me some pictures of when I was buff sometime that would be cool. The people here dont believe I was a bodybuilder.

How are my homies? I got a dearelder email from Kelvin the other day which was really cool! I really want to stay in contact with him. If you could give him, Jimmie, & Futaba as well as Semaj, Revonda & Joyce my snail mail address in addition to other family friends who would like to write me I would be very appreciative. And last but certainly not least I send a shout out to Rocklin 6th and 2nd wards!

I am realizing how crucial a mission is in order to put life in perspective and also why it is so heavily stressed in the church. Things arent as they seemed before. I really am growing up, and am greatful for every day that I have. The present really IS a gift! I didnt realize that before, and because of that I let little things like fear of the unknown and insecurity get in the way of living life in the now. I am so greatful for this experience and this mission deal is really all it is cracked up to be and then some! Its hard but as always nothing worth obtaining is free or easy! Lets give the devil a run for his money!

As always I love you guys, no matter what, We Are Family! Lets look forward to the future, learn from the past and live in the NOW!

Love,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)