Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, September 29, 2008

Letter From Elder Morton, 09.29.08

Subject: Yo from Peru
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:10:24 +0000

Hey ya all!

I am still alive and kickin! Things are going well here, we have had 5 going on 6 baptisms this month and the begining of October looks about the same, can't say how it will be because (exchanges) cambiars are on the 8th and I think I am going to the jungle and I have heard many good things about the jungle, everyone I talk to wants to go back.

On that note wish Dad a VERY Happy Birthday since I won't be able to say it in person on his real b-day. On another note I was thinking that my brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces should have the missionaries over and just hear what they have to say. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I mean what else is this life for but to obtain eternal life with your family, who no matter how different they maybe are the best thing we have in this life.

Thanks for all you have done Mom I REALLY appreciate it. Life would be much harder without your support and the support of my family and friends. I don't need a comb but thanks for thinking of me. Elder Saenz has all out info, address, phone number(s) e-mail addresses, all that. So he will be getting in touch when he can. To send a letter from here it costs $6.00 soles, but I will figure out a way to get at least one if not two snail mail letters to you.

I have 130 photos so far and I am thinking of waiting until the chip I have is full and put it all on a disc with a letter and send it all out for Christmas or maybe sooner. Its pretty poor here so the view isn't all that, if anything it makes one greatful for being born in America. I hear that Peru isn't all like this, and there is super nice areas but appearently Mission Lima Norte is the poorest mission out of the other Lima missions. Also send my support to Rob A. I know he is working hard and keeping his nose clean and if he is not I will mess him up! Speaking of that how is everything with him going? He will do great in the business if he follows to the Tee what the business says to do and if he always reads those great books and CDs that come with BDS and the Classic book pak and really everything about the business ROCKS! I send my best wishes to him for overcoming many things and with God he can over come ALL things and be quite the success story. I know he too has it in him!

To answer one of your questions I missed, Elder Saenz speaks, Spanish, English, Italian, Hebrew, Arabic. As far as the business goes I knew you could do it, now you actually ARE. I am so excited because you guys will be a blessing to many lives and an answer to the prayers of many families. Remember that when things get tough, because they will, but you have what it takes I know it because you and Dad are children of God, literally! I am teaching the plan of salvation and you guys are teaching the plan of financial freedom, both are needed to have a complete and happy life. I know Mike and Sunny's baby is either born or will be so send my congratulations to them please! Send everyone my love. Say hello to Bill and Sue and all the gang included, as well as all those in my family. Lets work hard, think positive thoughts and perserver. Hasta fin juntos!

Much Love, Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)