Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton

Mr. & Mrs. Robert Morton
Oakland Temple, Oakland, CA

Thank you from Elder Morton.....

I want to thank everyone for your cards, letters, & boxes sent to me while I was on my mission in Peru. Thank you all for thinking of me while I was away.
I love you all.
Rob

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11

Rob & Rosita, 12.30.11
At the Oakland Temple

Monday, June 7, 2010

Todo prueba tiene su fin y despúes hay una bendición..

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:45:46 -0500
Subject: Todo prueba tiene su fin y despúes hay una bendición..
Subject: Every test has your order and after there is a blessing

Hey yall!

Thanks for the pictures they are pretty much exactly what I needed to choose from! Whoa! How cool is that! My first bishop, and best the example of a latter day saint that was a bit crazy like I was will be the one releasing me from missionary duties! Yes that’s right it will be the first Sunday of the month. The 11th it will be then, I’m down!

Well Justin graduated boot camp, may have gotten married and the family wasn’t there? That’s a crappy start and sad enough it will end crappy as well. Mike was talking about going into the police academy 2 years ago so it’s not really a surprise. Good for him. It’s a good, steady job that pays well enough. Well Mike is a smart guy and I think that he thinks that is good enough to support him in the way he’d like but it’s not. There are a lot of smart people out there in the world and it’s those that work hard and sacrifice that make the good money.

Well I’m sure you guys are passing through your fair share of trials but be strong and never give up hope for a better day. If you obey the commandments you will be blessed sooner or later and in the time most needed. I too look forward to coming home although I will be leaving a big part of my heart here in Perú, but this won’t be the last time I step foot on Peruvian soil! My coming home will be a breath of fresh air for all of us I think at least for the first few weeks of missionary stories and photos!
To be continued.............


Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:08:39 -0500
Subject: The mission’s like a box of chocolates.....

Thanks Mom the pictures of Semaj and I is the bomb and I will be using it for sure!

Now, to understand Lehi’s vision read 2 Nephi Ch 11. It’s the explication that Nephi received about his father’s vision. Laman and Lemuel are Lehi’s two older sons that fell away from the lord and didn’t partake of the fruit. The mist of darkness are the trials that the adversary puts in our way to blind us and lead us away from the straight and narrow path.

The blessing has the same result because you are heal based upon your faith, it doesn’t matter if I am a missionary or not but if that’s what you want who am I to say no? I love you all and I know that the lord is on your side all you have to do is have faith and act upon that faith because as you know the lord can’t steer a parked car!

I have crazy news! You know how I was sent to Ventanilla in a hilly desert? Well now I am near the mission office as a district leader and I am training a white boy from Washington! How crazy is that! I am teaching a white boy Spanish and basically I have a managerial position, in other words I get to serve 6 people and help them have more success. I am learning patience because my comp doesn’t speak Spanish at all and he wants to speak to me in English and he is adjusting to the mission life, that it’s not all about ¨me¨. You never know what’s just around the corner. I am happy to know that the president has a whole lot of confidence in me because if he didn’t he wouldn’t have called me as a district leader training a white boy Spanish. I feel good because that means the lord has confidence in me as well. Keep on keeping on! Keep it real and read your scriptures!

Love to all,

Elder Morton

No comments:

1st Letter From Elder Morton from Lima, Peru, 08.27.08

Hey Mom & Dad,
I have reached my mission home in Lima, Peru and the President and his wife are great!
The Elders are nice & my companion is a good guy from what I hear.
All of your packages made it to the mission home. When I get to my area I will see which ones came. I will write you to confirm. I may or may not email you today but if I can I will. So far so good, I am alive and well.
I am excited to teach the gospel to develop a stronger relationship of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. It will be hard but I knew that to begin with.
The most important thing is that I concentrate on becoming the best missionary that I can be, so that you all will be blessed spiritually, & temporally, as our faith is tested.
I love you guys and pray for you every day. I know no matter if we work hard with our eyes set on eternal salvation things will work out for the best.
Never give up!
Love,
Rob
Elder Morton
Somos de la Norte

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria

Futbol in Estadio Aliardo Soria
The Power Zone of Pucallpa Soccer Team of Lima, Peru: Elder Morton in back row in gray T shirt next to Elder Rich

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!

The Power Zone of Pucallpa!
Elder Morton with fellow futbol players

Music


My Guest Book

My Guest Book
Please go ahead and sign in : -)